I’ve used http://arisme.free.fr/ports/SDL.php GAPI sources as a
valuable source of information.
You can get it here:
- Support of landscape mode with stylus/buttons correction.
- Whenever possible memcpy is used, so it is much faster than
- Support all known PDA video memories.
- Special support of 32-bit mode, without shadow surface.
It leads to superior quality of picture when needed.
- Again WinCE improved WinDib driver.
Ways to installation:
- download 1.2.9 sources from cvs and apply the diff
- create a directory video\gapi
- copy files sdl_gapivideo.* to video\gapi
- add ENABLE_GAPI in preprocessor options and either use
Set_VideoInit(“gapi”,…) or disable ENABLE_WINDIB.
things to do:
// TODO: implement 4bpp/8bpp gapi mode
// TODO: hi-res video support (including stylus)
// TODO: speed up user paletted mode
// TODO: test landscape mode on iPaq 3800
// TODO: test buttons rotation
// TODO: test on be300 and HPC ( check WinDib fullscreen keys catching )
// TODO: test on smartphones
If someone could help with testing or hires support or benchmarks - you are welcome.
p.s. this is alpha quality patch, do not include it in CVS.–
Dmitry Yakimov, ISDEF member