SDL 1.0.6 is now available!
This will hopefully be the last in the SDL 1.0 series - I want to
focus on our new open-source pirate role-playing game and getting
SDL 1.1 done.
The biggest changes for SDL 1.0.6 are:
- Relative mouse motion works automatically in X11 fullscreen mode.
- DGA mouse support is now selectable via environment variable.
- SDL now opens /dev/dsp by default instead of ESD, unless you set
the ESPEAKER environment variable.
- SDL now detects audio cards which are misconfigured on Linux and
disables audio at runtime if it detects that audio isn’t playing.
- Alt-Enter functionality has been disabled by default. It is still
available programmatically - see the WhatsNew file for details.
- I now consider the MacOS support to be stable (tested with MacOS 9)
-Sam Lantinga (slouken at devolution.com)
Lead Programmer, Loki Entertainment Software–
“Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature”
– Rich Kulawiec