Announcing SDL_gui-0.9.8

The newest version of the SDL_gui library is now available:
http://www.newimage.com/~rhk/SDL_gui

Version 0.9.8 has been cross-compiled for Windows, and has been
tested on Windows 95 and 98. (NT soon). TTF support has been
merged back in as a non-optional component due to issues
with portability and DLL symbol resolving.

Version 0.9.7 added a scrollbar widget, and the ability to
scroll the panel widget.

Source (tarball) and Source/Binary RPMs are available.

There is also a python binding which makes it all very easy to use,
especially for prototyping.

-Ray

Hi,
I have some trouble compiling the SDL_gui:
The configure script complains that the function TTF_FontDescent is not
in library SDL_ttf.
I tried SDL_ttf-1.0.2 and -1.0.1 . In both libraries this function is
missing. What to do ?

Regards,
Georg

Ray Kelm wrote:>

The newest version of the SDL_gui library is now available:
http://www.newimage.com/~rhk/SDL_gui

Version 0.9.8 has been cross-compiled for Windows, and has been
tested on Windows 95 and 98. (NT soon). TTF support has been
merged back in as a non-optional component due to issues
with portability and DLL symbol resolving.

Version 0.9.7 added a scrollbar widget, and the ability to
scroll the panel widget.

Source (tarball) and Source/Binary RPMs are available.

There is also a python binding which makes it all very easy to use,
especially for prototyping.

-Ray


Georg.Waldschmidt at gmx.de
Georg.Waldschmidt at ruhr-uni-bochum.de

Georg Waldschmidt wrote:

I tried SDL_ttf-1.0.2 and -1.0.1 . In both libraries
this function is missing. What to do ?

You can find SLD_ttf-1.2.1 in the
http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_ttf/src/ directory.

  • Randi

Regimental Command
Generic Armored Combat System
http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~relander/regcom/index.html

Georg Waldschmidt wrote:

Hi,
I have some trouble compiling the SDL_gui:
The configure script complains that the function TTF_FontDescent is not
in library SDL_ttf.
I tried SDL_ttf-1.0.2 and -1.0.1 . In both libraries this function is
missing. What to do ?

Regards,
Georg

Georg.Waldschmidt at gmx.de
Georg.Waldschmidt at ruhr-uni-bochum.de

I’m using the latest SDL_ttf, version 1.2.1. There was a post
to the list today about where to get it.