Any SDL + DevIL experience here?

Hey all,

You’d think that going away for three freaking weeks would give your computer time to fix all the bugs left around, but no… that lazy thing just got fat on email and all the bugs are still here…

Anyone here have any experience with using OpenGL through SDL and loading their images via DevIL? It’s the window resize event that has me scratching my head… I can get my bitmapped texture font back after the window resize but I can’t get any of my geometry textures back… I know that the existing OpenGL context is destroyed and a new OpenGL context is created by the SDL_VIDEORESIZE event… which tells me that I have to recreate all my texture objects, which I am doing. But I get nothing… What’s strange is that I don’t recreate a new texture object for the font, I just use the ID from the old OpenGL context and my texture font displays fine; but doing that with my geometry textures does not work and neither does creating entirely new texture object IDs.

If anyone with experience with doing this could email me, maybe this can be sorted out.
Thanks,
-Blake

Yeah… hour later I fix it… I was dumping all my geometry into display lists and when the OpenGL context gets destroyed, so does all the display lists. Oh well.----- Original Message -----
To: sdl at libsdl.org
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 5:20 PM
Subject: [SDL] Any SDL + DevIL experience here?

Hey all,

You’d think that going away for three freaking weeks would give your computer time to fix all the bugs left around, but no… that lazy thing just got fat on email and all the bugs are still here…

Anyone here have any experience with using OpenGL through SDL and loading their images via DevIL? It’s the window resize event that has me scratching my head… I can get my bitmapped texture font back after the window resize but I can’t get any of my geometry textures back… I know that the existing OpenGL context is destroyed and a new OpenGL context is created by the SDL_VIDEORESIZE event… which tells me that I have to recreate all my texture objects, which I am doing. But I get nothing… What’s strange is that I don’t recreate a new texture object for the font, I just use the ID from the old OpenGL context and my texture font displays fine; but doing that with my geometry textures does not work and neither does creating entirely new texture object IDs.

If anyone with experience with doing this could email me, maybe this can be sorted out.
Thanks,
-Blake