Anyone seen memory leaks with SDL_Renderer/SDL_Texture, amdgpu & Fedora linux?

Has anyone seen memory leaks with SDL_Renderer/SDL_Texture, amdgpu & Fedora linux?

Basically, it seems SDL_DestroyTexture() leaves something back both in system and GPU memory, so if creating & dumping a lot of textures, the system will eventually freeze unrecoverably (because Wayland doesn’t appear to handle the GPU memory filling up gracefully).

I know this is much more likely to my fault which is why I’m posting here, but nevertheless, here is the thing:

When I request a software SDL_Renderer, everything works fine. Stable system memory no matter what I do, no crashes even when I recreate textures forever. As soon as I switch to the GPU accelerated default though, memory steadily climbs and soon, I get bad lags and then everything freezes (before system memory fills up since apparently, GPU memory fills up first).

Is this someone anyone else has ever seen? Is there any obvious culprit why this could be my application’s fault?

If you can link to a minimal program that reproduces things, it makes it easier for people to see.
Or even your whole big app if it’s FLOSS.