Building SDL 1.3 for OS X 10.4 (using Snow Leopard)

I’ve got the latest SDL 1.3 running on OS X, using XCode 3.2.1. My machine uses Snow Leopard, and so it compiles building for 10.6 and runs fine.

I’d like to build for 10.4. So far I have been unsuccessful.

In the SDLTest project, I can select several things from the drop-down menu. These are the settings I’ve tried using:

Active SDK:
MacOS X 10.4

Active Configuration:
Development_using_10.4SDK_and_10.6SDK

Then in “Project -> Edit Project Settings” I set in the “Compiler Version” area:
C/C++ Compiler Version GCC 4.0
Mac OS X 10.4 Any Architecture GCC 4.0
Mac OS X 10.6 Any Architecture GCC 4.2

When I attempt to make, I get the same error repeated for each target. It seems to have to do with the compiler attempting to create 10.6 targets while using the 10.4 SDK. (Exact error reports below.) So I guess I’m wondering, how do I get it to compile for 10.4 only, not for both 10.4 and 10.6? I’m a bit of a newbie to both SDL and XCode, so I’m basically tinkering around with things I don’t know much about.

There is also a “library not found for -lcrt1.10.5.o” error.

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Compiler output for one target is below:

Build checkkeys of project SDLTest with configuration Deployment_using_10.4SDK_and_10.6SDK

Check dependencies

[WARN]Deployment target 10.6 for architecture ‘x86_64’ and variant ‘normal’ is greater than the maximum value 10.4 for the Mac OS X 10.4 SDK.

Ld build/SDLTest.build/Deployment_using_10.4SDK_and_10.6SDK/checkkeys.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/checkkeys normal x86_64
cd /Users/vernold/SDL/Xcode/SDLTest
setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.6
/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -arch x86_64 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -L/Users/vernold/SDL/Xcode/SDLTest/build/Deployment_using_10.4SDK_and_10.6SDK -F/Users/vernold/SDL/Xcode/SDLTest/build/Deployment_using_10.4SDK_and_10.6SDK -F/Users/vernold/SDL/Xcode/SDLTest/…/SDL/build/Deployment_using_10.4SDK_and_10.6SDK -F/Users/vernold/Library/Frameworks -F/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/Library/Frameworks -filelist /Users/vernold/SDL/Xcode/SDLTest/build/SDLTest.build/Deployment_using_10.4SDK_and_10.6SDK/checkkeys.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/checkkeys.LinkFileList -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -lsdlcommon -framework Cocoa /Users/vernold/SDL/Xcode/SDL/build/Default/libSDL.a -framework CoreAudio -framework ForceFeedback -framework IOKit -framework AudioToolbox -framework CoreFoundation -framework OpenGL -framework AudioUnit -framework Carbon -prebind -o /Users/vernold/SDL/Xcode/SDLTest/build/SDLTest.build/Deployment_using_10.4SDK_and_10.6SDK/checkkeys.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/
checkkeys

ld: library not found for -lcrt1.10.5.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Command /Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 failed with exit code 1

Ld build/SDLTest.build/Deployment_using_10.4SDK_and_10.6SDK/checkkeys.build/Objects-normal/ppc/checkkeys normal ppc
cd /Users/vernold/SDL/Xcode/SDLTest
setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.4
/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -arch ppc -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -L/Users/vernold/SDL/Xcode/SDLTest/build/Deployment_using_10.4SDK_and_10.6SDK -F/Users/vernold/SDL/Xcode/SDLTest/build/Deployment_using_10.4SDK_and_10.6SDK -F/Users/vernold/SDL/Xcode/SDLTest/…/SDL/build/Deployment_using_10.4SDK_and_10.6SDK -F/Users/vernold/Library/Frameworks -F/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/Library/Frameworks -filelist /Users/vernold/SDL/Xcode/SDLTest/build/SDLTest.build/Deployment_using_10.4SDK_and_10.6SDK/checkkeys.build/Objects-normal/ppc/checkkeys.LinkFileList -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -lsdlcommon -framework Cocoa /Users/vernold/SDL/Xcode/SDL/build/Default/libSDL.a -framework CoreAudio -framework ForceFeedback -framework IOKit -framework AudioToolbox -framework CoreFoundation -framework OpenGL -framework AudioUnit -framework Carbon -prebind -o /Users/vernold/SDL/Xcode/SDLTest/build/SDLTest.build/Deployment_using_10.4SDK_and_10.6SDK/checkkeys.build/Objects-normal/ppc/checkkeys

ld: warning: object file compiled with -mlong-branch which is no longer needed. To remove this warning, recompile without -mlong-branch: /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/lib/crt1.o