finally I have packaged a distribution of libu, formerly a c++ widget set for
SDL, now a c++ toolkit for SDL.
The package can be used as a framework for your application, since it comes
with a nice configure script and an application template. (demos/simple.cc)
The mixer lib from the SDL-demos is used for sounds and music (included).
- complete encapsulation of SDL
- application framework
- animated and colored software mousecursor
- sound samples and music
- several widgets (buttons, lists, etc.)
- ability to connect sound effects to the gui elements
- resource management (preloading of surfaces, sounds, fonts and referencing
them through strings inside your code)
- surface loading from pngs and from gimp header-image-files (nice for compiled
in images like icons or mouse pointers)
- antialiasing truetype font rendering
- animation widget
- painter class with circles (filled and empty) and vertical and horizontal
lines. It works on all pixelformats and with alpha values as well.
The library is licensed under the LGPL; however the configure scripts are GPL.
Have fun !