Cannot compile sdl2 on windows

Hello.
I have SDL2 compiling on my mac machine, but I’ve spent a few days now trying to troubleshoot compilation on my windows machine.

I’ve followed lazyfoo’s first tutorial on setting up SDL with MinGW, but when I run the make file, this is the output:

g++ 01_hello_SDL.cpp -IC:\mingw_dev_lib\include\SDL2 -LC:\mingw_dev_lib\lib -w -Wl,-subsystem,windows -lmingw32 -lSDL2main -lSDL2 -o 01_hello_SDL
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, g++ 01_hello_SDL.cpp -IC:\mingw_dev_lib\include\SDL2 -LC:\mingw_dev_lib\lib -w -Wl,-subsystem,windows -lmingw32 -lSDL2main -lSDL2 -o 01_hello_SDL, …) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
make: *** [Makefile:26: all] Error 2`

Here is the makefile, copied directly from lazyfoo:

#OBJS specifies which files to compile as part of the project
OBJS = 01_hello_SDL.cpp

#CC specifies which compiler we're using
CC = g++

#INCLUDE_PATHS specifies the additional include paths we'll need
INCLUDE_PATHS = -IC:\mingw_dev_lib\include\SDL2

#LIBRARY_PATHS specifies the additional library paths we'll need
LIBRARY_PATHS = -LC:\mingw_dev_lib\lib

#COMPILER_FLAGS specifies the additional compilation options we're using
# -w suppresses all warnings
# -Wl,-subsystem,windows gets rid of the console window
COMPILER_FLAGS = -w -Wl,-subsystem,windows

#LINKER_FLAGS specifies the libraries we're linking against
LINKER_FLAGS = -lmingw32 -lSDL2main -lSDL2

#OBJ_NAME specifies the name of our exectuable
OBJ_NAME = 01_hello_SDL

#This is the target that compiles our executable
all : $(OBJS)
	$(CC) $(OBJS) $(INCLUDE_PATHS) $(LIBRARY_PATHS) $(COMPILER_FLAGS) $(LINKER_FLAGS) -o $(OBJ_NAME)

I have a working 2D physics engine that I wrote with SDL on my mac machine. I would really like to be able to compile it on Windows. Can somebody please assist me?

Additionally, I have followed many tutorials online. Most seem outdated. I’ve cloned some examples of a cross-platform SDL2 program and followed their instructions to compile. None of them work. I feel like I’m going in circles.

Looks like it can’t find 01_hello_SDL.cpp