Classifying touchscreen and trackpad fingerdown events

I’m trying to support touchscreen laptops in my game. The user should be able to play with the keyboard and mouse and/or the touchscreen. The problem is that both the touchscreen and the trackpad produce SDL_FINGERDOWN events. This is problematic because if the user just wants to use the trackpad, they’ll be causing SDL_FINGERDOWN events simply by touching the trackpad, not actually pushing any buttons.
They probably produce a different SDL_TouchID, but SDL_TouchID is not constant and changes on every program execution.I don’t want the user to have to assign SDL_TouchIDs every time they start the game.
Is there any way to differentiate between types of touch devices?

I think its cause touch pads works like touch screens, its just that the OS emulates a mouse for you. Does it also sends a mouse event? If so you can prob assume that if there is a touch and mouse event its a touch pad so ignore touch events for that touch id.

ace491 wrote:> I’m trying to support touchscreen laptops in my game. The user should be able to play with the keyboard and mouse and/or the touchscreen. The problem is that both the touchscreen and the trackpad produce SDL_FINGERDOWN events. This is problematic because if the user just wants to use the trackpad, they’ll be causing SDL_FINGERDOWN events simply by touching the trackpad, not actually pushing any buttons.

They probably produce a different SDL_TouchID, but SDL_TouchID is not constant and changes on every program execution.I don’t want the user to have to assign SDL_TouchIDs every time they start the game.
Is there any way to differentiate between types of touch devices?