Common video mode 3GS/4

Hi,

I want to support both, 3GS and iphone 4. Whats the screen resolution I should go for?

I use SDL_SetVideoMode. Whats the setting I should go for?

Any help is very appreciated!!!

akr wrote:

Hi,

I want to support both, 3GS and iphone 4. Whats the screen resolution I should go for?

Too bad that nobody seems to answer. But in the meantime I think I found my way.

To serve both devices, iphone 3 and iphone 4 with retina the following variable makes the difference:

SDL_UIKit_supports_multiple_displays

To force a resolution of 320x480 ON BOTH DEVICES this variable must not be set to YES. It it remains NO Retina remains switched off.

Hello !

Too bad that nobody seems to answer. But in the meantime I think I found my way.

To serve both devices, iphone 3 and iphone 4 with retina the following variable makes the difference:

To force a resolution of 320x480 ON BOTH DEVICES this variable must not be set to YES. It it remains NO Retina remains switched off.

In SDL 1.2 with SDL_SetVideoMode and using 0 for width and height you got
the native resolution ( Desktop resolution, … ). Maybe the same is still true for SDL 1.3 ?

CU

akr wrote:

akr wrote:

Hi,

Do you enable the RESIZEABLE flag when creating the window?

As a workaround, You can comment/remove this lines in SDL_uikitopenglview.m :

if ([[UIScreen mainScreen] respondsToSelector:@selector(scale)])
self.contentScaleFactor = [UIScreen mainScreen].scale;

You will lose retina display support, but it will scale automatically to 320x480.

In fact, I think if you choose 320x480 or 480x320 when creating the window, SDL should respect this and enable scaling. At last is more intuitive.
After reading the SDL UIkit all day, Should be easy to fix. I think I can do it.