Compile MinGW SDL2

Hi,
I want to compile MinGW SDL2 (from Mercuria for latest updates).
I want static *.a files too.
I tried to compile with mysys and cygwin but after compiling when I use *.a file I obtain unefined reference to ERROR…
*.a files from SDL2-devel-2.0.8-mingw.tar.gz pack on official site works perfectly… but this is outdated for me.
Can you help me?

I tried to compile with cygwin, mysys for mingw, and mingw w64. No work…

Example for Cygwin compiling using --host=i686-w64-mingw32

after compile I have libSDL2.a, but when I compile my project I obtain:

…/tools/win-sdk/lib\libSDL2.a(SDL_iconv.o): In function SDL_iconv_REAL': /cygdrive/e/openbor/SDL-2.0.8-12001/src/stdlib/SDL_iconv.c:72: undefined reference toiconv’
…/tools/win-sdk/lib\libSDL2.a(SDL_iconv.o): In function SDL_iconv_open_REAL': /cygdrive/e/openbor/SDL-2.0.8-12001/src/stdlib/SDL_iconv.c:54: undefined reference toiconv_open’
…/tools/win-sdk/lib\libSDL2.a(SDL_iconv.o): In function SDL_iconv_REAL': /cygdrive/e/openbor/SDL-2.0.8-12001/src/stdlib/SDL_iconv.c:72: undefined reference toiconv’
…/tools/win-sdk/lib\libSDL2.a(SDL_iconv.o): In function SDL_iconv_close_REAL': /cygdrive/e/openbor/SDL-2.0.8-12001/src/stdlib/SDL_iconv.c:60: undefined reference toiconv_close’
/cygdrive/e/openbor/SDL-2.0.8-12001/src/stdlib/SDL_iconv.c:60: undefined reference to iconv_close' ../tools/win-sdk/lib\libSDL2.a(SDL_iconv.o): In functionSDL_iconv_open_REAL’:
/cygdrive/e/openbor/SDL-2.0.8-12001/src/stdlib/SDL_iconv.c:54: undefined reference to iconv_open' /cygdrive/e/openbor/SDL-2.0.8-12001/src/stdlib/SDL_iconv.c:54: undefined reference toiconv_open’
…/tools/win-sdk/lib\libSDL2.a(SDL_iconv.o): In function SDL_iconv_close_REAL': /cygdrive/e/openbor/SDL-2.0.8-12001/src/stdlib/SDL_iconv.c:60: undefined reference toiconv_close’
…/tools/win-sdk/lib\libSDL2.a(SDL_string.o): In function vsscanf': /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/include/stdio.h:420: undefined reference to__ms_vsscanf’
…/tools/win-sdk/lib\libSDL2.a(SDL_string.o): In function vsnprintf': /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/include/stdio.h:560: undefined reference to__ms_vsnprintf’
…/tools/win-sdk/lib\libSDL2.a(SDL_string.o): In function vsscanf': /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/include/stdio.h:420: undefined reference to__ms_vsscanf’
…/tools/win-sdk/lib\libSDL2.a(SDL_string.o): In function vsnprintf': /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/include/stdio.h:560: undefined reference to__ms_vsnprintf’
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
…\tools\bin\make.exe: *** [OpenBOR.elf] Error 1

I tried to compile with MSYS and mingw-w64.
I obtain libSDL2.a etc…
-But when I compile my project with mingw32, during linking I got errors like:
mingw/include/stdio.h:420: undefined reference to__ms_vsscanf’…
-I have no error if I use the SAME compiler fro SDL and my project.

But I need to use my mingw32.
-For a strange reason when I compile with mingw32 libSDL2.a compiles ok, linking ok, bug during a game I got BAD audio and random crash.

I use:
./configure
make
make install

In the official SDL website you can see SDL2-devel-2.0.8-mingw.tar.gz but this is not updated to latest mercurial version BUT static libSDL2.a works in EVERY compiler!!
How can I compile libSDL2.a to work in every compiler?
Thanks…

It seems like you have not set your linking folder to where libSDL2.dll.a is. But if you are trying to compile SDL statically, I don’t know. Maybe you need to do tricks with -Wl,-Bstatic and -Wl,-Bdynamic switches.

This is pretty much from the first link on google.

Yes I set it. If I use libSDL2.a from official site it’s OK. If I use my own own compile version I get these reference errors… How you compile static lib?

Looks like you aren’t linking SDL to the proper libraries for use with the static build. These should work, and since you’re using MinGW, order is important:

mingw32
libSDL2main.a
libSDL2.a
user32
gdi32
winmm
imm32
winspool
shell32
ole32
oleaut32
version