Could someone help install a working android development environment?

I am not threatening you ??
I am asking nicely :frowning:
Right now Iā€™m contacting github to see if thereā€™s a way to delete project storage .
would you be willing to do that if thereā€™s a way ?

Someone here threatened to nudge me until i do what said, you didnā€™t disagree, so i assume you agreed.[quote=ā€œjustadot, post:121, topic:22409ā€]
would you be willing to do that if thereā€™s a way ?
[/quote]
Not when you say that there is a way, because then i cannot be certain that there is a way. Yes if the chairman of GitHub were a great friend of mine then iā€™m certain it were possible, otherwise i cannot be certain that itā€™s possible. Again, these were not GitHub repository files.

Ha ha ha! Be cool.

Jonny D

Not funny.

You werenā€™t joking about suggesting that I threatened you with physical violence? N.B. I didnā€™t.

Jonny D

actsl, Iā€™m talking to someone at GitHub and he has no idea what you mean by GitHub storage vs GitHub repositories ? Could you explain what you mean ?

FYI, JustADot, I already deleted my Github repository.

And if you write anything here, like you posted your code here, you should consider that you made it available to everyone, and by doing so you agreed that your code is open, in the stage in which it was then.

1. Technically, the code was posted elsewhere (Dropbox), not on this forum.

2. But more importantly, thatā€™s not how copyright law works. By
    international law/treaty, copyright is automatic and all rights are
    reserved to the author.

The code in question did not declare any open source license (or any
license for that matter), thus the code in question was never open.

JustADot: I wouldnā€™t worry too much about competitors using your code.
Any legit organization would steer clear of it because of the lack of
license and you could sue. On top of that, the older copies of your
code you never could get built (and I know other people will have
similar problems because Android is so painful), plus we made a lot of
changes since then to fix many bugs. Somebody in the dark trying out
that older codebase is going to be very lost and would probably not
invest any time into it, especially since again, the code is not
technically open.

But If you want to do more, you should be able to file DMCA copyright
violation/take down claims with Github or whoever. Just mention DMCA
copyright violation, and youā€™ll probably get their attention. This is
a headache companies do not want to get involved in.

Github has official pages on how to do this.
https://help.github.com/articles/guide-to-submitting-a-dmca-takedown-notice/
https://help.github.com/articles/deleting-an-anonymous-gist/

-Eric

now I donā€™t have the url for the code anymore because he deleted the links :frowning: but thanks Eric :slight_smile: youā€™ve been so kind & helpful.

Ok then justadot, why did you ask us to work with your code, when you wanted to maintain closed source copyright, for the version of it then and in the future. You deliberately caused trouble to people. I will no more help anyone with any code ever, not a very beginner and not one with more experience, unless one adds open source copyright notice to the beginning of each and every source file of ones code.

actsl,

I never said one thing or another , I just want the code taken down? I will credit Eric in my app for helping porting to blurrr etc , but I want the code offline for the rest .

maybe if you give a link to the project, GitHub can delete it, they can take it down this I know.

Oh yes, how bad person i am, now you cannot even threaten me with DMCA. Maybe if i give a link yes? Iā€™m sorry, but iā€™m utterly saturated of your malevolence.

(locking this topic before it catches fire.)