Disable iPad bar at the top?

I am having an annoying issue where the iPad OS is overriding touch input to SDL at the top of the screen. I have tabs and such at the top of my screen and right now when I try to tap them, the operating system bar intercepts the input, and if I drag down there, the OS panel with the events slides down. So there are 2 things I could do:
I could just move the placement of all of MY interface elements below all of where the OS expects to be touched
OR
I could override the operating system and have the touch input sent to SDL instead of to the operating system panel. I’m not even sure if this is possible, but if it is, I’m not sure this is the wise method to do.

Anyone encounter this issue and have any suggestions about which I should do, and how/if I can get the touch input into SDL correctly?

Trev wrote:

Anyone encounter this issue and have any suggestions about which I should do, and how/if I can get the touch input into SDL correctly?

Two things can fix this, if I remember correctly. It’s been a while since I’ve fully tested this, though.

1. when creating the SDL_Window, set either the SDL_WINDOW_FULLSCREEN or SDL_WINDOW_BORDERLESS flags
  2. in your app’s Info.plist file, set the UIViewControllerBasedStatusBarAppearance setting, aka. “View controller-based status bar appearance”, to a boolean value of NO

I hope this helps!
– David L.