DNF upgrade breaks Fedora 36 SDL2 based program

I have an open source program available at www.desk-net.net. It currently downloads and runs properly on my Fedora 36 installation. However, I recently used dnf -upgrade on 2 of my laptops and the results resulted in weird performance. Running the program properly displayed the splash page and a following menu. However, all the menu items appeared to be dead, with no visible effect when an item was selected. However, placing exit(0) into source code subroutines revealed that the the appropriate jumps to the various subroutines are being made; but none of the SDL_UpdateWindowSurface(windowframe); instructions are executed. I’m stumped as to how the SDL2 lines work perfectly through the main() and menu() sections, but completely fail everywhere else. Fortunately, by starting over and reinstalling Fedora 36, everything is working again. However, it seems clear that whatever broke the program is now resident in the dnf upgrades. A possible source of future mischief.

I tracked this down to the upgrade for SDL2.x86_64. Doing a dnf --downgrade restored the program functioning without having to reinstall. I’ll pursue this with the SDL2 developers.
js

Doing a dnf --downgrade restored the program functioning without having to reinstall. I’ll pursue this with the SDL2 developers.

Uhh… this is the SDL discourse?
However, you probably should’ve reported it to the DNF package maintainer first, it’s possible that they changed something in how they build/package SDL that causes your problems

Hi Daniel,
It’s probably apparent by now that I’m much better teaching 3rd graders than writing computer code. How does one reach the maintainers? I thought to submit a bug report, but now they’ve outsourced that to git hub. I looked at that and it seemed that I would have to register in yet another site, read another lengthy end user agreement, and so on. Best I could figure was put it on the forum and hope somebody would notice who is in a position to fix it.
Cordially,
Juan

OK, remedial reader here. The DNF package maintainers you say. OK, I’ll give it a try.