iPhone Touch Off by 20 Pixels

It seems that SDL finger events are off by 20 pixels on the Y, which is (obviously) the size of the status bar at the top. My application turns all the off (by using a borderless full screen window.) I don’t have a great deal of information on some of the SDL 1.3 structures, so it’s possible I’m using something wrong, but the X coordinates seem fine, and it’s not a factor problem as the Y is off 20 pixels across the entire screen.

Ryan, when reporting errors, should I move to your sandbox?

[>] Brian

I just wanna throw this out there…

The iPhone etc platform purposefully moves the touch position along the
Y axis. Part of human behavior (your finger is further ‘up’ from what
you are trying to touch, Apple’s software adjusts for this).

Is there any chance this is related ? I dunno if SDL bypasses this
behavior in iOS devices ?

-WillOn 8/4/2011 6:13 PM, Brian Barnes wrote:

It seems that SDL finger events are off by 20 pixels on the Y, which is (obviously) the size of the status bar at the top. My application turns all the off (by using a borderless full screen window.) I don’t have a great deal of information on some of the SDL 1.3 structures, so it’s possible I’m using something wrong, but the X coordinates seem fine, and it’s not a factor problem as the Y is off 20 pixels across the entire screen.

[>] Brian

No; I expect I’ll be dumping changes back to the main repo with some
frequency. I don’t mean it to be a fork, just a playground.

–ryan.

umh speaking of offsets on ios, is it just me or the superview in
landscape-only mode cuts almost half of the screen from receiving
touch events? At least when you rotate the view you can sorta see a
black glitch that corresponds exactly to the area that is unsensitive
to the touches…
Did anybody else notice this?
VittorioOn Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 1:13 AM, Brian Barnes wrote:

It seems that SDL finger events are off by 20 pixels on the Y, which is (obviously) the size of the status bar at the top. ?My application turns all the off (by using a borderless full screen window.) ?I don’t have a great deal of information on some of the SDL 1.3 structures, so it’s possible I’m using something wrong, but the X coordinates seem fine, and it’s not a factor problem as the Y is off 20 pixels across the entire screen.

[>] Brian

SDL mailing list
SDL at lists.libsdl.org
http://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org

William Langford wrote:> On 8/4/2011 6:13 PM, Brian Barnes wrote:

[>] Brian

I just wanna throw this out there…

The iPhone etc platform purposefully moves the touch position along the
Y axis. Part of human behavior (your finger is further ‘up’ from what
you are trying to touch, Apple’s software adjusts for this).

Is there any chance this is related ? I dunno if SDL bypasses this
behavior in iOS devices ?

-Will

That makes sense – I noticed this on the simulator and that’s precise control (the clicks are by the mouse.) Ignore this until I get past the point where I’m only using the simulator, this might not be a problem and actually a “feature”.

[>] Brian

umh speaking of offsets on ios, is it just me or the superview in
landscape-only mode cuts almost half of the screen from receiving
touch events? At least when you rotate the view you can sorta see a
black glitch that corresponds exactly to the area that is unsensitive
to the touches…
Did anybody else notice this?

Vittorio
(apologies if you received this twice, i used a wrong email address)On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 1:13 AM, Brian Barnes wrote:

It seems that SDL finger events are off by 20 pixels on the Y, which is (obviously) the size of the status bar at the top. ?My application turns all the off (by using a borderless full screen window.) ?I don’t have a great deal of information on some of the SDL 1.3 structures, so it’s possible I’m using something wrong, but the X coordinates seem fine, and it’s not a factor problem as the Y is off 20 pixels across the entire screen.

[>] Brian

SDL mailing list
SDL at lists.libsdl.org
http://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org