Is there a simple tutorial to create a configure file f or SDL projects?

Just create “Makefile.am” or copy it from one of the SDL demos. Then run:

$ automake --add-missing ## Creates Makefile.in
$ autoconf ## Creates configure

automake: configure.ac' orconfigure.in’ is required

Not that simple.

JPOn Wednesday 28 January 2004 02:08 pm, Millaway, John wrote:

Just create “Makefile.am” or copy it from one of the SDL demos. Then run:
$ automake --add-missing ## Creates Makefile.in

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1On Wednesday 28 January 2004 17:21, j_post wrote:

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 02:08 pm, Millaway, John wrote:

Just create “Makefile.am” or copy it from one of the SDL demos. Then run:
$ automake --add-missing ## Creates Makefile.in

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-pirates2/

Go through that article.


Juan D. Espinoza | Unix Specialist.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (FreeBSD)

iD8DBQFAGStBD1KpJUG76rERAoelAJ9t8lu5WZlA0jhDXncG27sFTtdpJACgj5yR
+WTxSvBxs+HOTAgJiRbIlpg=
=WVQV
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Still not that simple. The fact of the matter is that the GNU Autotools are a
Royal PITA. Tools designed to make developers lives easier have made the
users lives a nightmare. At least half the stuff I download that uses the
standard ‘./configure’, ‘make’, ‘make install’ fails at some point. Almost
always the failure is due to the fact that some idiot has made unwarranted
assumptions about the users system (such as libxyz == 1.2.0; if you have
libxyz 1.2.3 installed, crash & burn).

Read “GNU Autoconf, Automake, and Libtool”, New Riders, ISBN 1-57870-190-2.
Then be prepared to tear your hair out. Or just write a proper Makefile and
be done with it. YMMV.

JPOn Thursday 29 January 2004 07:48 am, Juan D. Espinoza wrote:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-pirates2/
Go through that article.