Kyra Sprite Engine 1.3.3 Released
Kyra is a simple, fully featured, industrial strength Sprite engine written in C++, suitable for 2D and quasi-3D games. Kyra is build on SDL and SDL_image, and is licensed under the GPL.
1.3 improves the engine, simplifies the build process, introduces a tutorial, and adds text drawing to the engine.
New for 1.3
- Tutorial to get you started
- Bulletin board for Kyra questions, features, and updates
- Added Text output, with both fixed and proportional font support. - Compatible with the SDL SFont and DFont font files.
- Box and BoxResource, for drawing lines, rectangles, and crosshairs in solid colors or patterns.
- Hit test capability to fetch a list of objects at a pixel location. (What is that mouse pointed at?)
- Visibility property.
- Of course bug fixes and improved performance!
- Encoder gives clearer output in regards to what is being encoded.
- Color keys can be specified by location as well as color.
- The Sprite Editor was completely re-written to use the Kyra engine. It’s faster, cleaner, and tests the engine._______________________________________________
SDL-announce mailing list
SDL-announce at libsdl.org