Last call for 2.0.6 bugs!

Fantastic Eric.
Thanks for the help.

@icculus @slouken
Can this be picked up for 2.0.6? Or you guys did already :slight_smile:

Itā€™s in for 2.0.6. :slight_smile:

Hi.

Current hg doesnā€™t compile on debian testing

Error is in SDL_sndioaudio.c - INFTIM is not defined on my system. Part of the manpage of poll()

Some implementations define the nonstandard constant INFTIM with the
   value -1 for use as a timeout for poll().  This constant is not
   provided in glibc.

Regards
Martin

1 Like

Yeah, I was surprised to find out that sndio is even available on Linux (I thought it was OpenBSDā€™s sound API!).

There was a bug open for this in Bugzilla, and I just pushed a fix for it:

ā€“ryan.

Yeah, the shaped window API is bitrotting, partially because itā€™s not well supported on many OSes even before you get to SDL (looking at you, macOSā€¦!)

Weā€™ll definitely accept patches to improve it, but right now no one is working on it, or really plans to. The 2.1 ā€œcleanupā€ would probably be removal of the API.

Hello,

I wanted to ask about the Raspberry Pi keypress leakage issue. Iā€™ve been able to work around the issue by blocking keyboard input to the X11 server with ā€œxinputā€ while running ioq3. Iā€™m using 2.0.4 compiled with --disable-video-x11. Is this something that might be addressed in 2.0.6?

Thank you!

Hello,

Same area I hope with @q3dev. I get the following error from touch screen event.

INFO: The key you just pressed is not recognized by SDL. To help get this fixed, please report this to the SDL forums/mailing list https://discourse.libsdl.org/ EVDEV KeyCode 330

If there is still time for it, that would be amazing!

Thank you.

There is a build error since a few revisions. See the bugreport here: https://bugzilla.libsdl.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3757

Iā€™ll fix this in the morning.

This happens when touching the screen, and not a virtual keyboard on the screen?

I thought this was fixed recently, after 2.0.5ā€¦I could be wrong. You should definitely try the latest in revision control (2.0.4 is pretty old at this point).

(Actually, thereā€™s some debate about this, so donā€™t take this as truth at this time.)

Hello @icculus,

It happens when you touch the screen.

Greetings.

Thanks for your reply. I compiled and tested 2.0.5-11303 and 2.0.6-11330 and the keypress leakage issue is still there. Iā€™ve been using 2.0.4 because 2.0.5 wonā€™t allow text to be typed into the ioquake3 player console, but thatā€™s a separate issue. Iā€™m configuring SDL2 with:

./configure --host=arm-raspberry-linux-gnueabihf \
          --enable-alsa \
          --disable-alsa-shared \
          --disable-pulseaudio \
          --disable-esd \
          --disable-video-mir \
          --disable-video-wayland \
          --disable-video-x11 \
          --disable-video-vivante \
          --disable-video-opengl

I can start a new thread if that would be helpful. Disabling keyboard input to the desktop x11 server with ā€œxinputā€ works around the issue but requires a wrapper script. Thanks for your help.

One of the fixes applied for SDL 2.0.6, appears to lead to a bug when trying to use SDL_Renderer logical screen size(s), on OS X, in conjunction with SDL_SetWindowFullscreen calls. Iā€™ve written up some details at https://bugzilla.libsdl.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3793 , however, I am unsure of what a good fix would be.

Heads up, we have a 2.0.6 release candidate, so literally last call for bugs now:

Please try this with your games and apps asap! We are looking for life-and-death showstoppers at this point.

Thanks!

@slouken I think thereā€™s a bug in the ā€œCleans up AdjustWindowEx callsā€ commit, in WIN_SetWindowFullscreen:

The old code was using window->windowed->x/y/w/h as the input to AdjustWindowRectEx, but after the refactor itā€™s using window->x/y/w/h. Alt+enter in testgl2 is not restoring the window size when exiting fullscreen as a result.