Linker error:/usr/local/lib/libSGE.a(sge_tt_text.o) undefined reference tp 'TT_Open_Face'

Hi,

I am trying to use SDL library along with SDL_ttf and sge libraries for my application.
Everything worked fine with my kernel 2.2.I upgraded my kernel version to
2.4 and rebuild the libraries. Now when i build my application using these libraries,
I get the following errors:
/usr/local/lib/libSGE.a(sge_tt_text.o): In function sge_TTF_OpenFont': sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x49): undefined reference toTT_Open_Face’
sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x77): undefined reference to TT_New_Glyph' sge_tt_text.o(.text+0xeb): undefined reference toTT_New_Instance’
sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x15d): undefined reference to TT_Set_Instance_Resolutions' sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x1cf): undefined reference toTT_Set_Instance_CharSize’
sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x243): undefined reference to TT_Get_CharMap_Count' sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x262): undefined reference toTT_Get_CharMap_ID’
sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x28d): undefined reference to TT_Get_CharMap' sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x332): undefined reference toTT_Close_Face’
sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x34a): undefined reference to TT_Get_Face_Properties' sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x356): undefined reference toTT_Get_Instance_Metrics’
/usr/local/lib/libSGE.a(sge_tt_text.o): In function Load_Glyph(_sge_TTFont *, unsigned short, glyph *)': sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x467): undefined reference toTT_Char_Index’
sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x47a): undefined reference to TT_Load_Glyph' sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x497): undefined reference toTT_Get_Glyph_Metrics’
sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x600): undefined reference to TT_Get_Glyph_Outline' sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x65c): undefined reference toTT_Transform_Outline’
sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x6c6): undefined reference to TT_Translate_Outline' sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x6dc): undefined reference toTT_Get_Outline_Pixmap’
sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x7c7): undefined reference to TT_Translate_Outline' /usr/local/lib/libSGE.a(sge_tt_text.o): In functionsge_TTF_SetFontSize’:
sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x89b): undefined reference to TT_Set_Instance_CharSize' sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x932): undefined reference toTT_Close_Face’
sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x94d): undefined reference to TT_Get_Face_Properties' sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x959): undefined reference toTT_Get_Instance_Metrics’
/usr/local/lib/libSGE.a(sge_tt_text.o): In function sge_TTF_CloseFont': sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x431f): undefined reference toTT_Close_Face’
/usr/local/lib/libSGE.a(sge_tt_text.o): In function sge_TTF_Init': sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x43ed): undefined reference toTT_Init_FreeType’
/usr/local/lib/libSGE.a(sge_tt_text.o): In function sge_TTF_Quit(void)': sge_tt_text.o(.text+0x442a): undefined reference toTT_Done_FreeType’
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mbtv] Error 1

I tried using the option -lttf and -lSGE along with -L /usr/local/lib and -L/usr/lib.
I even added /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig.

Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks in advance

Chandrika