Ndk-build leads me to a missing iconv.h file

hi, i have followed the steps to compile some SDL 1.3 code for Android.

when i call ndk-build i get this:

Code:

Compile arm : SDL <= /home/t-1000/Devel/Games/Code/Dragon-Memory/Android/jni/SDL/src/atomic/SDL_spinlock.c
In file included from /home/t-1000/Devel/Games/Code/Dragon-Memory/Android/jni/SDL/src/atomic/SDL_spinlock.c:22:
/home/t-1000/Devel/Games/Code/Dragon-Memory/Android/jni/SDL/include/SDL_stdinc.h:79:20: error: iconv.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /home/t-1000/Devel/Games/Code/Dragon-Memory/Android/jni/SDL/src/atomic/SDL_spinlock.c:22:
/home/t-1000/Devel/Games/Code/Dragon-Memory/Android/jni/SDL/include/SDL_stdinc.h:754: error: expected ‘)’ before 'cd’
make: *** [/home/t-1000/Devel/Games/Code/Dragon-Memory/Android/obj/local/armeabi/objs/SDL/src/atomic/SDL_spinlock.o] Error 1

can anyone, please, help me?
The iconv.h file is located in my /usr/include dir and it is detected by the SDL ./configure script

checking for iconv… yes

thanks in advance

had the same problem under SDL2

as usual, it’s user error. at least in my case, after unpacking the SDL2 archive, I ran ./configure to install everything on my linux dev box. this sets up the unpacked files for compilation targeting linux.

the solution was to unpack the SDL2 files again to another folder specific to Android and symlink that folder under /jni.

(note ‘make distclean’ did stuff but didn’t fix the problem)

Have you tried configuring in a separate directory like this???

[code]

cd
mkdir build; cd build
…/configure

[/code]On Sep 13, 2013, at 8:56 PM, “carl” <carl.lefrancois at gmail.com> wrote:

had the same problem under SDL2

as usual, it’s user error. at least in my case, after unpacking the SDL2 archive, I ran ./configure to install everything on my linux dev box. this sets up the unpacked files for compilation targeting linux.

the solution was to unpack the SDL2 files again to another folder specific to Android and symlink that folder under /jni.

(note ‘make distclean’ did stuff but didn’t fix the problem)

SDL mailing list
SDL at lists.libsdl.org
http://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org