Novice coming to terms with reality

You know I really started thinking. I have no clear plans for this GUI idea of mine. I want to make games… I have already made a checkers game in allegro and I was in the process of porting it to SDL. I have it just about done. I understand keyboard/mouse I/O. I can draw sprites and come up with simple 2d rendering engines like the checkers thing. I had the game giving the user the ability the select a checker piece, then click a destination and the piece would slide there on the board (its magical!). I’m working on many plans from reading @ gamedev.net about how to make my own isometric engine. I have a very clear understanding of how THAT is done. However, I have come to understand that the best thing is not to reinvent the wheel and make my own GUI. Since this is something I would imagine I could get from the SDL community. Does anyone know what the best GUI I should use for SDL is? I need to use C, so what would the best SDL GUI be that uses C? I noticed several on the
libraries page.

To follow the path:
look to the master,
follow the master,
walk with the master,
see through the master,
become the master.---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
New Yahoo! Photos - easier uploading and sharing

You know I really started thinking. I have no clear plans for this GUI idea of mine. I want to make games… I have already made a checkers game in allegro and I was in the process of porting it to SDL. I have it just about done. I understand keyboard/mouse I/O. I can draw sprites and come up with simple 2d rendering engines like the checkers thing. I had the game giving the user the ability the select a checker piece, then click a destination and the piece would slide there on the board (its magical!). I’m working on many plans from reading @ gamedev.net about how to make my own isometric engine. I have a very clear understanding of how THAT is done. However, I have come to understand that the best thing is not to reinvent the wheel and make my own GUI. Since this is something I would imagine I could get from the SDL community. Does anyone know what the best GUI I should use for SDL is? I need to use C, so what would the best SDL GUI be that uses C? I noticed several on t!
he
libraries page.

I’ve used aedGUI. Quick&nice.On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:03:47 -0800 (PST) “Hudson T. Clark” wrote:

Vladimir [Farcaller] Puzanov
farcaller at bigmir.net
Vladimir_Puzanov at p7.f626.n463.z2.fidonet.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed…
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: http://lists.libsdl.org/pipermail/sdl-libsdl.org/attachments/20031218/613058ba/attachment.pgp