Red,green and blue dot?

[quote:7b81c6dd26=“insomniac”][quote:7b81c6dd26=“Naith”]Like I said, the dot’s are on the images even before they are loaded. Check the second of my images. That image shows a screenshot from Photoshop where I’ve openede some of the images and the dot’s are there. So the issue is in the images.
In your post you said bitmap 354 has the dots,but it doesnt here is the original copy of the the image image . none of the boot bms have those dots Ive looked over them multiple times! How would the original game have been able to use the 0,0,0 transparency with those dots they would have and trust me I,ve been working with the server emulator for almost four years I know every in and out of the game and there was no weird rgb dots in the bottem of some bms.[/quote:7b81c6dd26]

Holly craPP the dots that show up on that link I posted last are not on the original image??? I have it inlarged in photo shop 700% and the whole surface beside the boot gfx is 0,0,0 :cry:[/quote:7b81c6dd26]

I am going to change the background to 255,255,255 and see if it still happens! image

Well, my Photoshop doesn’t lie (as far as I know) and if you take a look at my Photoshop screenshot you can see that the file Bitmap_354.bmp is open (look at the file names of the images that are open) and you will see that Bitmap_354.bmp is open and does indeed has the dots.

I tryed to remove the dots in Bitmap_16.bmp and Bitmap_17.bmp, kept the black background in both of them, tried to render them and the error is gone.

I had some time to kill so I fixed all the images that had the dot’s in them. Images: http://speedy.sh/TXGJG/Textures.zip

Enjoy.

I had some time to kill so I fixed all the images that had the dot’s in them. Images: http://speedy.sh/TXGJG/Textures.zip

Enjoy.

Thanks! I still don’t see how this is happening but the people who made the original game did some weird stuff and it seems like Im spending more time finding and fixing thier garbage . :twisted:

Are the images rendered correct after they’ve been fixed?

Are the images rendered correct after they’ve been fixed?

Yes like you said alls you have to do is edit the images that the dots some how show up on when rendered or uploaded and displayed! I’m just wondering how or what the original artist of thoses bmps did to make a pure black background render those dots,maybe just an old type of bmp file that modern computers have trouble rendering. Those files were made in the early 90’s.

I checked new files that were made for server and created with modern programs and none of them have that defect,only the original gfx…still brain boggling to think something was wrong with my code and it was just the defective images.

Yeah, it’s weird. :?

Glad it turned out good in the end! If you got the same problems with other images you know what to do with that / those image(s).