Sam/Ryan - What Is Release Day Of SDL 2?

Hi,

Sam or Ryan,
When is the release day in May 2013 of SDL 2 ?
Want to mark my calendar.

I would use SDL 2 now but I am an idiot and can’t compile Windows? SDL 2/image/mixer/ttf.
I’ll have to wait for it’s release…

Will build a new SDL 2 2D cross-platform open-source game engine: “GT-R Twin Turbo Skyline?”.

Thanks!------------------------
JeZ+Lee
JessePalser <AT> Gmail <DOT> com
16BitSoft®
Video Game Design Studio
www.16BitSoft.com

[Image: http://16bitsoft.com/V2/Images/Stuff/GT-R_Twin_Turbo-Skyline_Engine.png ]------------------------
JeZ+Lee
16BitSoft®
Video Game Design Studio
www.16BitSoft.com

Are you on Windows? Or just cross-compiling?

If you’re on Windows, I just use MSys (Minimal System, a tool that provides a linux-esque shell on Windows) and do the normal ./configure make for MinGW binaries (the process would be the same with Cygwin, but just use the Cygwin shell). This works well.
If you’re cross-compiling, maybe there’s a way to trick configure into thinking you’re on Windows, or maybe MSys will run in Wine.------------------------
Nate Fries

Nathaniel J Fries wrote:

Are you on Windows? Or just cross-compiling?

If you’re on Windows, I just use MSys (Minimal System, a tool that provides a linux-esque shell on Windows) and do the normal ./configure make for MinGW binaries (the process would be the same with Cygwin, but just use the Cygwin shell). This works well.
If you’re cross-compiling, maybe there’s a way to trick configure into thinking you’re on Windows, or maybe MSys will run in Wine.
Hi,

I’m running Genuine openSUSE 12.3 64Bit KDE on main development desktop.
I’ve got a pirate version of Windows® XP Pro 32Bit SP3 running in a VirtualBox VM.

Compiling SDL2, SDL2_Image, SDL2_Mixer, and SDL2_TTF is too overwhelming for me to do now.
Can’t you guys post Windows® beta of above on the site already?------------------------
JeZ+Lee
16BitSoft®
Video Game Design Studio
www.16BitSoft.com