SDL 1.3 and iOS 4.2.1 (iPad in particular)

is anyone having problems with 1.3 and the latest iOS?
i was working fine with 1.3 and iOS 3.something-or-other (“fine” meaning i had the SDL iPhone demo apps running - Happy - for example was the app i was using for sanity checking another app i am in the midst of porting to iPad). last week i update to iOS 4.2.1 and now the Happy demo app gives me a runtime exception down in UIKit_GL_CreateContext somewhere.

is there anyone here running the latest and greatest iOS with SDL 1.3 successfully? can you get the demo apps going?

thanks!!!

-pete

Yes, for me all of the iOS project builds, runs, and deploys perfectly. I’m having trouble with Windows and Mac build.
Make sure you change the project settings to the latest iOS and build for all projects. Build all 4 configurations of SDLiPhoneOS.xcodeproj, the 4 being
simulator -> debug
simulator -> releasedevice -> debugdevice -> release

MikeFrom: iampeteandrews@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 09:31:53 -0800
To: sdl at lists.libsdl.org
Subject: [SDL] SDL 1.3 and iOS 4.2.1 (iPad in particular)

is anyone having problems with 1.3 and the latest iOS?

i was working fine with 1.3 and iOS 3.something-or-other (“fine” meaning i had the SDL iPhone demo apps running - Happy - for example was the app i was using for sanity checking another app i am in the midst of porting to iPad). last week i update to iOS 4.2.1 and now the Happy demo app gives me a runtime exception down in UIKit_GL_CreateContext somewhere.

is there anyone here running the latest and greatest iOS with SDL 1.3 successfully? can you get the demo apps going?

thanks!!!

-pete

SDL mailing list
SDL at lists.libsdl.org
http://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org

ok - thanks for the tip!
i did get it working though before i saw this post, so i will put down what did it for me:

it seemed to be related to the target settings…
In Target Info, select the following:

Base SDK: Latest iOS (4.2)
arch: armv7

Target Dev. Fam. : iPad
iOS Depl. Target: iOS 3.2 (lowest that iPad will support).

i verified these settings for both the SDL static Lib build and the demos… clean both and rebuilt both and was back in business.

-pete