SDL_image on armv7 loading 'invisibile' images

Hi everybody, I’m working on a project using XCode 4.3.2 with SDL 1.3 and SDL_Image 1.2.7. By now, the application is supposed to simply load some PNG, move them around the screen, playing with alpha values, etc. On the simulator everything is working flawlessly.
Some days ago, I tested the app on a device (iPhone 4S) and
bam! Black screen. After some useless investigations (SDL_GetError() tells me nothing, except for a weird “Getting swap interval is not supported” message of which I don’t know the source… i suppose it’s from SDL_Main for iOS), I tried changing the clear color from black to gray
and I actually saw gray on the display. I also can see the fade in\out that is supposed to be at the beginning, but instead of the logo I should see, there is, as I said, the gray background.
That fade is done using a black texture generated at runtime, so I understand the issue is related to image loading. Moreover, if I replace IMG_Load() with SDL_LoadBMP() I can see BMP files, while PNGs are replaced by a fallback image I set up to show when image loading fails.

Searching on Google I couldn’t find anything similar to this. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

P.S. SDL_image has another curious issue: if I try to load a PNG with alpha channel, an ‘invisible’ image is loaded instead, as on device. If I remove alpha channel before saving the image, everything works. Could this two issues be related?

P.P.S. I’m not a native english speaker, so please forgive me for language mistakes :stuck_out_tongue:

Using SDL_Image 1.2.12 instead of 1.2.7 solved the thing. Still wondering why I had the 1.2.7…