[SDL_Mixer] external libmikmod patch

Sam,

here’s a great patch for the CVS of SDL_mixer. It allows people to use the preinstalled version of libmikmod instead of the internal one.
I know that Gentoo users at least want this option, and I also see the logic in it.

It’s all ./configure’able so the user can choose whether to use the included mikmod source, or just link with the external.
the new option is --enable-music-libmikmod
if it is disabled or not found, then it rolls off to default to the included mikmod source, like it did before.

This also implements the new SDL_LoadMUS_RW functionality with a libmikmod Player_LoadGeneric adaptor.
This element was tested with a revised playmus that uses RWops to load a module from a fake file with a module at a known offset (see the -o option).
I’ve attached that new file as well, but if you use it, you’ll have to change Makefile.am yourself :slight_smile:

The only thing that turns into a bogus function is the Mix_(Set/Get)SynchroValue functions, which now just set/get a static int, and print a warning to stderr.
I felt that functionality is not used very much, if at all… and if used, should patched into libmikmod upstream instead, since it doesn’t currently support it.

ENJOY!

-LIM-

-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed…
Name: libmikmod.patch
URL: http://lists.libsdl.org/pipermail/sdl-libsdl.org/attachments/20040915/c6f56372/attachment.asc
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed…
Name: playmusrw.c
URL: http://lists.libsdl.org/pipermail/sdl-libsdl.org/attachments/20040915/c6f56372/attachment.txt

any update on whether this patch is going to be accepted?

-LIM-

You got it!

See ya,
-Sam Lantinga, Software Engineer, Blizzard Entertainment

Sam Lantinga wrote:

You got it!

See ya,
-Sam Lantinga, Software Engineer, Blizzard Entertainment

best news I’ve heard today!