SDL|OpenGL 2D Workings Capability

Hell Everyone .

i have a question about SDL & opengl and its capabilities . i am working on a monitoring system , that requires to showing some 2D gauges on the display and i want to create this by SDL | OpenGL under linux .

the job requires some OOP features , and to reach this i want to know , does SDL Or OpenGL Have Capability To Create a Buffer( bitmap ) on RAM and draw some lines and circles and also some other bitmaps on that Buffer ?!

in better words , i want to know can SDL Or OpenGL flush its output to a buffer ?!

after that , finally combine a set of such buffers ( each buffer for a gauge ) into a another big buffer ( the whole of display ) and show that buffer in VGA output .

Does SDL Or OpenGL has such capability ?!

Regards.

Any Idea?!

OpenGL has this capability, as does Direct3D. What you’re looking for is called “render targets” or “render buffers”, and it’s probably going to end up in SDL 1.3, but it hasn’t been implemented yet.________________________________
Subject: [SDL] SDL|OpenGL 2D Workings Capability

Hello Everyone .

i have a question about SDL & opengl and its capabilities . i am working on a monitoring system , that requires to showing some 2D gauges on the display and i want to create this by SDL | OpenGL under linux .

the job requires some OOP features , and to reach this i want to know , does SDL Or OpenGL Have Capability To Create a Buffer( bitmap ) on RAM and draw some lines and circles and also some other bitmaps on that Buffer ?!

in better words , i want to know can SDL Or OpenGL flush its output to a buffer ?!

after that , finally combine a set of such buffers ( each buffer for a gauge ) into a another big buffer ( the whole of display ) and show that buffer in VGA output .

Regards.

But it’s easy to get it done with SDL 1.2 and OpenGL.

Cheers,

Andre

Mason Wheeler wrote:> OpenGL has this capability, as does Direct3D. What you’re looking for

is called “render targets” or “render buffers”, and it’s probably
going to end up in SDL 1.3, but it hasn’t been implemented yet.

****Subject: [SDL] SDL|OpenGL 2D Workings Capability

Hello Everyone .

i have a question about SDL & opengl and its capabilities . i am
working on a monitoring system , that requires to showing some 2D
gauges on the display and i want to create this by SDL | OpenGL under
linux .

the job requires some OOP features , and to reach this i want to know
, does SDL Or OpenGL Have Capability To Create a Buffer( bitmap ) on
RAM and draw some lines and circles and also some other bitmaps on
that Buffer ?!

in better words , i want to know can SDL Or OpenGL flush its output to
a buffer ?!

after that , finally combine a set of such buffers ( each buffer for a
gauge ) into a another big buffer ( the whole of display ) and show
that buffer in VGA output .

Regards.

SDL mailing list
SDL at lists.libsdl.org
http://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org