SDL_WarpMouseInWindow not generating mousemove event on macosx?

basically, SDL_WarpMouseInWindow() is a wrapper around mouse->WarpMouse(), and on mac, this is a pointer to Cocoa_WarpMouse()

inside Cocoa_WarpMouse, we simply have a call to CGWarpMouseCursorPosition(), which says in the header file CGRemoteOperation.h on line 223 :

/* Move the mouse cursor to the desired position in global display
coordinates without generating events. */

and indeed : if I call in SDL_WarpMouseInWindow() my application, and continuously display the coordinates received by SDL_GetMouseState() , the coordinates DO NOT CHANGE

what is the best way to solve this ? Is there a way to force a mousemove event from my application without ?patching? SDL ?

replying to myself? it seems that I somehow use a slightly older version of SDL2 ! I will try to upgrade all my dependencies and see if this fixed the issue> basically, SDL_WarpMouseInWindow() is a wrapper around mouse->WarpMouse(), and on mac, this is a pointer to Cocoa_WarpMouse()

inside Cocoa_WarpMouse, we simply have a call to CGWarpMouseCursorPosition(), which says in the header file CGRemoteOperation.h on line 223 :

/* Move the mouse cursor to the desired position in global display
coordinates without generating events. */

and indeed : if I call in SDL_WarpMouseInWindow() my application, and continuously display the coordinates received by SDL_GetMouseState() , the coordinates DO NOT CHANGE

what is the best way to solve this ? Is there a way to force a mousemove event from my application without ?patching? SDL ?

SDL mailing list
SDL at lists.libsdl.org
http://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org