SDL_WINDOWEVENTS on Windows

Hi!

I’ve encountered the following surprising behavior on Windows 7 using
the MinGW-devel downloads for SDL 2.0.3:
When I grab a window and move it out of the visible desktop area and
back again I don’t get any events until I release the mouse button, but
then I get a bunch (I’m particularly interested in
SDL_WINDOWEVENT_EXPOSED events). This is unexpected for me, and it
works differently on Linux (using the SDL 2.0.2 packages in Ubuntu)
where I continuously receive SDL_WINDOWEVENT_MOVED and
SDL_WINDOWEVENT_EXPOSED events. Is this intended behavior, and can
anybody reproduce this, or have I done something wrong? I’m sorry if
this is a known issue …

Btw., I had the winapifamily.h-error mentioned in a recent post, and
copying the SDL_platform.h from the repository solved the issue for me.

Thanks,
Philipp

Unfortunately, Windows blocks the thread pumping for the events inside the WinAPI code when you drag or resize the window.

The problem isn?t in SDL?s own code directly, but a workaround might be applied if it?s good enough: https://bugzilla.libsdl.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2077On May 1, 2014, at 9:37 PM, Philipp Janda wrote:

Hi!

I’ve encountered the following surprising behavior on Windows 7 using the MinGW-devel downloads for SDL 2.0.3:
When I grab a window and move it out of the visible desktop area and back again I don’t get any events until I release the mouse button, but then I get a bunch (I’m particularly interested in SDL_WINDOWEVENT_EXPOSED events). This is unexpected for me, and it works differently on Linux (using the SDL 2.0.2 packages in Ubuntu) where I continuously receive SDL_WINDOWEVENT_MOVED and SDL_WINDOWEVENT_EXPOSED events. Is this intended behavior, and can anybody reproduce this, or have I done something wrong? I’m sorry if this is a known issue …

Btw., I had the winapifamily.h-error mentioned in a recent post, and copying the SDL_platform.h from the repository solved the issue for me.

Thanks,
Philipp

SDL mailing list
SDL at lists.libsdl.org
http://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org

Am 02.05.2014 02:49 schr?bte Alex Szpakowski:

Unfortunately, Windows blocks the thread pumping for the events inside the WinAPI code when you drag or resize the window.

The problem isn?t in SDL?s own code directly, but a workaround might be applied if it?s good enough: https://bugzilla.libsdl.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2077

Ok, thanks!

Philipp>

On May 1, 2014, at 9:37 PM, Philipp Janda <@Philipp_Janda> wrote:

Hi!

I’ve encountered the following surprising behavior on Windows 7 using the MinGW-devel downloads for SDL 2.0.3:
When I grab a window and move it out of the visible desktop area and back again I don’t get any events until I release the mouse button, but then I get a bunch (I’m particularly interested in SDL_WINDOWEVENT_EXPOSED events). This is unexpected for me, and it works differently on Linux (using the SDL 2.0.2 packages in Ubuntu) where I continuously receive SDL_WINDOWEVENT_MOVED and SDL_WINDOWEVENT_EXPOSED events. Is this intended behavior, and can anybody reproduce this, or have I done something wrong? I’m sorry if this is a known issue …

Btw., I had the winapifamily.h-error mentioned in a recent post, and copying the SDL_platform.h from the repository solved the issue for me.

Thanks,
Philipp