SDL2 Invalid renderer on OSX - possible bug?

Tried with SDL_SetHint and SDL_SetHintWithPriority for SDL_HINT_FRAMEBUFFER_ACCELERATION and SDL_HINT_RENDER_DRIVER with SDL_HINT_OVERRIDE in all combinations. Still nothing. Judging by that other stackoverflow question which rises similar issue, it might be contained to Intel HD graphics. I don’t have access to other Intel HD machine to test it out though.

Hi,

Could you be more specific with what you are troubleshooting / experiencing? I ask because I have noticed mysterious “invalid renderer” err messages when I enable SDL’s debug logs from within my engine that uses SDL2 at its core.

The odd thing is, although I receive the messages, I have no application-level issues arise from it (that I’m aware of, anyway!) – things run as intended. The err message happens at the time of renderer initialization.

I figured that perhaps I’m doing something out-of-order but somehow self-correcting via another call elsewhere (I’m abstracting SDL2 calls via C++ interface), but in any regard, I haven’t spent much time at all on this issue, but your comment did raise an eyebrow from me, wondering if we may be experiencing related issues.

(Perhaps I should re-run the tests I did with SDL2 debug logging enabled on my Windows dev system and see if I get the same messages)…

P.S. I’m on a MacBook Air mid 2011 model (Intel HD Graphics 3000 chipset).

Cheers,
Jeffrey Carpenter
<@Jeffrey_Carpenter>On 2014/08/ 03, at 14:29, Keyframe <dominik.susmel at gmail.com> wrote:

Tried with SDL_SetHint and SDL_SetHintWithPriority for SDL_HINT_FRAMEBUFFER_ACCELERATION and SDL_HINT_RENDER_DRIVER with SDL_HINT_OVERRIDE in all combinations. Still nothing. Judging by that other stackoverflow question which rises similar issue, it might be contained to Intel HD graphics. I don’t have access to other Intel HD machine to test it out though.

SDL mailing list
SDL at lists.libsdl.org
http://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org