SDL2-widgets, toolkit using SDL2, now hardware accellerated

Hi,

I don’t know whether somebody is interested, but I ported GUI toolkit SDL-widgets to SDL2. Because it now enables hardware accelleration intermixed with traditional software rendering, it is also fit for games and other applications that request fast rendering. You can intermix complicated widget hierarchies with highspeed graphics. The only restriction is that floating, movable subwindows don’t work at the accellerated parts.

For screenshots and download go to http://members.chello.nl/w.boeke/SDL-widgets/index.html

Hello !

I don’t know whether somebody is interested, but I ported GUI toolkit SDL-widgets to SDL2.
Because it now enables hardware accelleration intermixed with traditional software rendering,
it is also fit for games and other applications that request fast rendering. You can intermix
complicated widget hierarchies with highspeed graphics. The only restriction is that floating,
movable subwindows don’t work at the accellerated parts.

For screenshots and download go to http://members.chello.nl/w.boeke/SDL-widgets/index.html

Sounds awesome, what license is used by SDL-widgets ?

CU

Torsten:

Sounds awesome, what license is used by SDL-widgets ?

The code that I borrowed from others is GPL’ed. My own code is free.

royzhang:

I have compiled sdl2-widgets for android and imported it into my project, a simple test, the “catch me” button, is working.

That’s good news! I have another project called And-Sdl, geared to tablets running Android. It appears that several combinations of blitting, rendering and texture locking that work perfectly on the desktop do not work on Android. Yes I reported it at Bugzilla. One app Touch-Synth that works on my tablet fails on other tablets. I went to a big store where you can play with gadgets unattendedly and downloaded my apk file. Surprise: no tablet worked as expected. The Nexus 7 was the worst, not only disappeared most from the screen if I touched it, but what was visible kind of started to stutter. The problems are under investigation. I should buy several tablets to find out what’s wrong, with help from the adb tool. You can’t do that in a store.

Any chance to get a Windows port of this great lib?
AFAIK SDL-widgets is the most functional, most maintained and most refined SDL GUI library out there, but only works in Linux (or *nix like?).

So… You have any plans, or any intention to support the windows os?

Many thxs in advance.

Yes, would really like a Windows version, although it does look like it would require a fair bit of work to get it to be platform-generic rather than Linux orientated.

I’ve started modifying the code to allow this to be compiled using Visual Studio 2015.

There is one line it currently refuses to compile : loc((Point[]){ Point(-3,0), Point(3,0), Point(1,mid.y-2), Point(-1,mid.y-2) }), // pointer

at line 1130 (Dial class initialisation)

Think I may have solved it with : loc{ Point(-3,0), Point(3,0), Point(1,mid.y-2), Point(-1,mid.y-2) }, // pointer instead

Now to deal with the loss of data warnings

Did you ever manage to get this to work in visual studio?

Somewhat - unfortunately it uses too many UNIX specific functions (rather than general functions), which meant having to find a very old library to be able to use it.