Segmentation Fault... please help

I tried to post this to gmane.comp.lib.sdl… so if this message looks familiar, I’m sorry.

The problem that is driving me crazy is I get a Segmentation Fault message in stderr.txt everytime I try to run my .exe after it has compiled and linked just fine. Both Debug and Release versions do this (I’m using VC++ 6.0). The thing that I can’t figure out is that the program works perfectly if I run it within the studio… hitting F5, Ctrl+F5, etc. Not too sure why it would work in the studio but not be able to run when I double click the little bugger. I copied the sdl.dll and my images in the same directory thinking that was it, but alas… still having issues.

Any one run across this before? I have a feeling it’s something really simple and stupid but for the life of me I can’t figure it out.

• Joby

I get bitten by paths to images or different dlls linking sometimes.
Spam (stderr) debug statements or use a debugger. Should be easy to
narrow down exactly where you are segfaulting.

-ray

thebigcheese wrote:>I tried to post this to gmane.comp.lib.sdl… so if this message looks familiar, I’m sorry.

The problem that is driving me crazy is I get a Segmentation Fault message in stderr.txt everytime I try to run my .exe after it has compiled and linked just fine. Both Debug and Release versions do this (I’m using VC++ 6.0). The thing that I can’t figure out is that the program works perfectly if I run it within the studio… hitting F5, Ctrl+F5, etc. Not too sure why it would work in the studio but not be able to run when I double click the little bugger. I copied the sdl.dll and my images in the same directory thinking that was it, but alas… still having issues.

Any one run across this before? I have a feeling it’s something really simple and stupid but for the life of me I can’t figure it out.

• Joby

SDL mailing list
SDL at libsdl.org
http://www.libsdl.org/mailman/listinfo/sdl