I’m busy trying to have a look at the SVGAlib driver, and would be very
interested in knowing what exactly everybody sees as bugs. (I’ll try to
clean up what’s there first, then I might work on the hardware stuff)
Here’s what I notice so far:
– in some cases something interesting happens… text typed in bash
after running a program doesn’t show up (even after running textmode). My
original assumption is that somehow the keyboard got left in RAW mode, but
that’s not right. I am at a total loss to explain it, and also to explain
why it happens with testalpha and testbitmap and not with checkkeys…
probably because checkkeys doesn’t actually display anything. Maybe some
sort of unusual overwriting? Or is this sort of thing actually possible?
– the palette isn’t correctly restored after exit (once again, this is
just “in some cases”, and once again, checkkeys is exempt)
– the mouse movement is erratic, jerky, and above all else very very
sensitive… (you wiggle it mildly and it flies across the screen) This one,
I’m not sure if it’s just me or everybody else. Maybe it’s something to do
with my mouse configuration.
Anything else anybody’s noticed, or can anybody confirm any of these?
Two side notes (I posted about this, but it didn’t seem to make it through
for some reason, which suits me fine. If you see a message from me with the
words “Red Hat” in the subject, ignore it.)
– There is an SDL package included in Red Hat 6.2! Yippee!
– What more needs to be done to SDL 1.1.1 before it can be classified
– Jim Duchek on the utah-glx-dev mailing list noted that he had figured
out why SDL was causing G400 problems, owing to strange code which I have no
explanation for. (Michael? Bernd?) Did he submit a patch.
Three side notes. Fine.
Nicholas Vining “While you’re out there struggling
vining at pacificcoast.net with your computer, I’m naked,
icq: 20872003 clueless, and feeling good!”