Thanks to all the people who contributed code and feedback, SDL 2.30.0 is now available!
In addition to lots of bug fixes, here are the major changes in this release:
- Added support for 2 bits-per-pixel indexed surface formats
- Added the function SDL_GameControllerGetSteamHandle() to get the Steam API handle for a controller, if available
- Added the event SDL_CONTROLLERSTEAMHANDLEUPDATED which is sent when the Steam API handle for a controller changes. This could also change the name, VID, and PID of the controller.
- Added the environment variable SDL_LOGGING to control default log output
- Added the hint SDL_HINT_JOYSTICK_IOKIT to control whether the IOKit controller driver should be used
- Added the hint SDL_HINT_JOYSTICK_MFI to control whether the GCController controller driver should be used
- Added the hint SDL_HINT_RENDER_METAL_PREFER_LOW_POWER_DEVICE to choose whether high or low power GPU should be used for rendering, in the case where there are multiple GPUs available
- Added the function SDL_GDKGetDefaultUser()