Announcing the latest release of SDL_mixer!
Thanks to everybody who contributed bug reports and fixes for this release!
- Updated native MIDI support on Mac OS X for 10.6
- Reset channel volumes after a fade out interrupts a fade in.
- Fixed crash race condition with position audio functions
- Fixed stereo panning in 8-bit mode
- Added /usr/share/timidity to the default timidity.cfg locations
- MOD support uses libmikmod and is dynamically loaded by default
- A patched version of libmikmod is included in libmikmod-3.1.12.zip
- The libmikmod patches fix security issues CVE-2007-6720 and CVE-2009-0179.
- Added TIMIDITY_CFG environment variable to fully locate timidity.cfg
- Implemented seamless looping for music playback
- ID3 files are now recognized as MP3 format
- Fixed native MIDI crash on 64-bit Windows
- Added decoder enumeration API:
- Added support for FLAC audio both as chunks and streaming
- Added support for streaming WAV files with Mix_LoadMUS_RW()
- Fixed crash caused by not resetting position_channels--
-Sam Lantinga, Founder and President, Galaxy Gameworks LLC