Version 0.3.7 of Crimson Fields has been released.
Most of the work for this release has gone into CoMET, the graphical
- fixed occasional black border of the title image
- plugged potential memory leak
- improved computer player defense
- increased maximum map size to 250 x 250
- added keyboard navigation support to menus
- added application icon
- added event creation and editing to CoMET
- added support for general map settings to CoMET
- added a validation function to CoMET
- added basic CoMET manpage
Crimson Fields is a tactical war game in the tradition of Battle Isle.
The outcome of the war lies in your hands. You decide which units are
sent to the front lines, and when to unleash the reserves. Your mission
objectives range from defending strategically vital locations to simply
destroying all enemy forces in the area. Protect supply convoys or raid
enemy facilities to uncover technological secrets or fill your storage
bays so you can repair damaged units or build new ones in your own
factories. Lead your troops to victory!
You can pit yourself against another human player either in hot-seat mode
in front of the same machine or via e-mail, or against the computer.
Crimson Fields runs on Linux, *BSD, MacOS X, BeOS, Solaris, Windows, and
probably a few others.
You can grab a copy here:
SDL-announce mailing list
SDL-announce at libsdl.org