[b]Unresolved external symbols

Am recieving the following errors within Visual Studio 2010 C++ and need to know which lib files are required…

warning C4244: ‘=’ : conversion from ‘double’ to ‘float’, possible loss of data
warning C4244: ‘argument’ : conversion from ‘Uint16’ to ‘Uint8’, possible loss of data
ManifestResourceCompile:
All outputs are up-to-date.
MSVCRTD.lib(cinitexe.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib ‘msvcrt.lib’ conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TDEC_print_fps referenced in function “void __cdecl quit(int)” (?quit@@YAXH at Z)
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TDEC_copy_surface referenced in function “void __cdecl init(void)” (?init@@YAXXZ)
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _IMG_Load referenced in function “void __cdecl init(void)” (?init@@YAXXZ)
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TDEC_fps_ok referenced in function _SDL_main
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TDEC_new_time referenced in function _SDL_main
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TDEC_set_fps referenced in function _SDL_main
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TDEC_init_timer referenced in function _SDL_main
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TDEC_set_video referenced in function _SDL_main
fatal error LNK1120: 8 unresolved externals
Build FAILED.

I am trying to build the sine scroller effect from the demo effects collection which is written in C and meant to be compiled under linux.
I am attempting to build it under windows 7 using visual c++ 2010. If anyone has already managed to convert these for visual studio it would save me a lot of time and effort as i`m a newbie to c++.[/b]

1>sinusscroller2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TDEC_print_fps referenced in function “void __cdecl quit(int)” (?quit@@YAXH at Z)
1>sinusscroller2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TDEC_copy_surface referenced in function “void __cdecl init(void)” (?init@@YAXXZ)
1>sinusscroller2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TDEC_fps_ok referenced in function _SDL_main
1>sinusscroller2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TDEC_new_time referenced in function _SDL_main
1>sinusscroller2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TDEC_set_fps referenced in function _SDL_main
1>sinusscroller2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TDEC_init_timer referenced in function _SDL_main
1>sinusscroller2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TDEC_set_video referenced in function _SDL_main

Just need the lib files for the above missing symbols… Someone must know?

compile the library in common

http://www.koders.com/info.aspx?c=ProjectInfo&pid=294L43388QEQUVH35KLC9NVZ5GOn Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 2:52 AM, tcn31 wrote:

1>sinusscroller2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_TDEC_print_fps referenced in function “void __cdecl quit(int)”
(?quit@@YAXH at Z)
_TDEC_copy_surface referenced in function “void __cdecl init(void)”
(?init@@YAXXZ)
_TDEC_fps_ok referenced in function _SDL_main
_TDEC_new_time referenced in function _SDL_main
_TDEC_set_fps referenced in function _SDL_main
_TDEC_init_timer referenced in function _SDL_main
_TDEC_set_video referenced in function _SDL_main

Just need the lib files for the above missing symbols… Someone must know?

SDL mailing list
SDL at lists.libsdl.org
http://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org

Sorry im confused.. I need a missing .lib file as far as i know and your saying compile the library in common. SDL_image.lib is the only lib file in there and its already added to my project. Please explain im a newbie to C++

This is where it gets potentially difficult, if you’re new to the
Visual Studio environment. You’re on windows. The library you want
doesn’t even have a visual studio project file.
But lucky for you, the projects only dependency is on SDL. To port
the library all you have to do is add the files to a new c++ project,
give it a name, compile it and add the lib to your own project.> Sorry i`m confused… I need a missing .lib file as far as i know and yourr

saying compile the library in common. SDL_image.lib is the only lib file in
there and its already added to my project.
Please explain i`m a newbie to C++

SDL mailing list
SDL at lists.libsdl.org

i know all that which brings me back to my original request… Im missing a lib file and i dont know which… Its not sdl.lib or sdlmain.lib or sdl.dll as they are already added.

Ok i managed to compile the library in common as tdec.lib i then added this missing lib file to my original sinus scroller project and hey presto after months and months of being stuck on this 1 problem it compiles!!
Sadly upon launching it i`m presented with a window and nothing happens apart from a blank screen… sigh, who knows what next could be anything. I give up…

Well, you probably won’t like this. The tdec library is looking pretty
aged. By years.
You may have to downgrade your copy of SDL.
This could mean recompiling everything, just so it can work in VS2010.On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 7:29 PM, tcn31 wrote:

Ok i managed to compile the library in common as tdec.lib i then added this
missing lib file to my original sinus scroller project and hey presto after
months and months of being stuck on this 1 problem it compiles!!
Sadly upon launching it i`m presented with a window and nothing happens
apart from a blank screen… sigh, who knows what next could be anything. I
give up…

SDL mailing list
SDL at lists.libsdl.org

Yeah your probably right although why I cant find any modern examples of scrolling texts or sine scrollers really is a pain.. I guess ill start researching direct2d/3d/x and start from scratch my own personal project. With little c++ experience though its tough… I was much happier playing around with other peoples examples and learning that way. The problem I have with going it alone is I never know in which order code must be programmed in and very often i`m lost in code.