Code signing fails for SDL2_TTF?

So, for context, I’m running Xcode 11.6 with SDL2.framework, SDL2_image.framework, and SDL2_ttf.framework all installed in my user/Library/Frameworks folder. The project was compiling no problem until I included and tried to initialize SDL2_ttf, now I get a “Command CodeSign failed with a nonzero exit code” error every time I try to run. The issue report looks like this:

It looks like the other two frameworks got signed just fine, so I assume this is an issue with SDL2_ttf not being set up correctly/requiring something different than the other two frameworks? Has anyone else dealt with this/ know of a potential solution?

Looking at the screenshot, it’s saying that FreeType.framework inside SDL2_ttf.framework isn’t signed, so when it goes to sign SDL2_ttf.framework it fails, since all subframeworks etc. must be signed.

edit:
Xcode doesn’t seem to want to code sign frameworks that are embedded within other frameworks. Manually code signing FreeType.framework should work (see my comment below about not building with a systemwide version that you’ve installed somewhere).

Also, you will 100% want to make sure those are getting bundled inside your app (Xcode should do this for you, but check to make sure; there should be an Embed Frameworks item in your project build settings in the Build Phases tab).

And probably have the non-system frameworks you’re building your app with (SDL2, SDL2_ttf, etc.) inside your project folder alongside the .xcodeproj instead of in ~/Library/Frameworks, so your project version control will have the specific version of those libs it was built with (and also in case you need to manually codesign a framework embedded within another framework).

Another solution would be to copy FreeType.framework out of SDL2_ttf.framework and have it be alongside it, then make sure to link against FreeType.framework just like you did with SDL2_ttf.framework