Does there exist a guide for building SDL apps on Mac OSX?

Hi,

I’m a (Debian) GNU/Linux programmer, and I’ve been asked by a friend to build a Mac version of a SDL game I’m working on. I’ve done this for windows, following instructions such as

http://www.libsdl.org/Xmingw32/

But this wasn’t an awful lot of trouble, since I have some familiarity with windows and mingw32 and msys have nice automatic installers. I have no familiarity with OSX (I can only afford so many computers :slight_smile: and I don’t think my friend has internet access, so I’d have to downlaod any required OSX software, burn it to a CD and hope nothing unresolvable goes wrong while I’m over their place.

Is there an existing set of instructions I’d be able to follow, or is my situation hopeless?

Thanks,

Nick
(Not subscribed to the list)

Nick wrote:

Hi,

I’m a (Debian) GNU/Linux programmer, and I’ve been asked by a friend to build a Mac version of a SDL game I’m working on. I’ve done this for windows, following instructions such as

http://www.libsdl.org/Xmingw32/

But this wasn’t an awful lot of trouble, since I have some familiarity with windows and mingw32 and msys have nice automatic installers. I have no familiarity with OSX (I can only afford so many computers :slight_smile: and I don’t think my friend has internet access, so I’d have to downlaod any required OSX software, burn it to a CD and hope nothing unresolvable goes wrong while I’m over their place.

Is there an existing set of instructions I’d be able to follow, or is my situation hopeless?

Ummm… all you have to do is download the development packadgeds from
the SDL website, and double click them to install. The process is automatic.

Then, boot up Project Builder. And from the project menu, selcet SDL
Application

That’s it.

If you use anything like SDL_Image etc. The installation is the same,
but to add the SDL_Image framework. Select Add Framework… , then go to
Library->Frameworks->SDL_Image, The headers are in there to incase you
need to add a search path.

That’s it.

-Mike