Error: "expected unqualified-id before string constant"

Hi,

I’ve been trying to use some SDL libraries in a game that I’m currently in the process of porting from Visual C to MinGW 3.2.0 (GCC Version 3.4.2). Receontly, whenever I try to compile I receive errors like:

C:/msys/1.0/local/include/SDL/SDL_mixer.h:37: error: expected unqualified-id before string constant

C:/msys/1.0/local/include/SDL/SDL_endian.h:54: error: expected unqualified-id before string constant

C:/msys/1.0/local/include/SDL/SDL_net.h:36: error: expected unqualified-id before string constant

C:/msys/1.0/local/include/SDL/SDL_gfxPrimitives.h:21: error: expected unqualified-id before string constant

And then follow lots of “ISO C++ forbids declaration of `(insert SDL type)’ with no type”.

Has anyone ran into this problem before? I really didn’t think I would need to ask on the mailing list, but I have been having this problem for the past few hours now and had no luck in solving it.

Any help/suggestions is appreciated.___________________________________________________________________
Speed up your surfing with Juno SpeedBand.
Now includes pop-up blocker!
Only $14.95/month -visit http://www.juno.com/surf to sign up today!