Journey to create a game engine with C++ / SDL2. Great, updated resources?

Thanks @TrnSTrA for your contribution, I just stared your project on Github. I will have a closer look to your development.

1 Like

Yes right, it is now the most viewed thread in the Game Development forum. I though have threads about my GUI toolkit in both the SDL Development forum and Game Development forum. It was after the complaint by some people here that my thread was too active in the SDL Development forum. I considered their complaints, and after that i posted only in my thread in the Game Development forum, considering that it is indeed better to discuss GUI in the Game Development forum.

Others though didnā€™t respect that, and i saw several threads started about GUI toolkits in the SDL Development forum. Why are there double standards here against me? And that after the discussions in these forums and someoneā€™s advice, all my project was wrongfully deleted from GitHub, which i though solved and it was restored. But why am i treated like that here? After writing a GUI toolkit that an estimated 10 000 people use, or at least have downloaded, by the downloads from Freeware Files and by the ratio between the downloads from Freeware Files and from GitHub. This doesnā€™t consider the downloads of the conversion of it to Free Pascal that was not done by me, and possibly other conversions. And no, i have not got a cent of money for all my work, and no other benefits whatsoever, all i got was a bad treatment.

However, the two threads about my GUI toolkit together have now 18.6k views, which means that my GUI toolkit is the most viewed topic in all these forums. More than announcement of the SDL 2.0.6 release, that has 17.7k views, and it is the most viewed single thread in these forums. But again as i said, my GUI toolkit, kiss_sdl, is the most viewed topic in these forums.

Which also indicates that kiss_sdl is the most widely used GUI toolkit for SDL, no matter what one may say.

1 Like

I think this course is exactly what you are looking for!

2 Likes