Linux linking problem

hi

this has probably been asked a million times before, but my problem
can’t be solved by the fixes suggested in the FAQ. basically i am unable
to link my game using SDL under linux. i installed the SDL-devel package
successfully. this is what i get when trying to link:

/usr/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_esdaudio.lo): In function Audio_Available': SDL_esdaudio.lo(.text+0x1c): undefined reference toesd_open_sound’
SDL_esdaudio.lo(.text+0x31): undefined reference to esd_close' /usr/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_esdaudio.lo): In functionESD_OpenAudio’:
SDL_esdaudio.lo(.text+0x452): undefined reference to esd_play_stream' /usr/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_x11yuv.lo): In functionX11_CreateYUVOverlay’:
SDL_x11yuv.lo(.text+0x35): undefined reference to XvQueryExtension' SDL_x11yuv.lo(.text+0x7d): undefined reference toXvQueryAdaptors’
SDL_x11yuv.lo(.text+0x1cb): undefined reference to XvListImageFormats' SDL_x11yuv.lo(.text+0x23b): undefined reference toXvGrabPort’
SDL_x11yuv.lo(.text+0x2cc): undefined reference to XvUngrabPort' SDL_x11yuv.lo(.text+0x33b): undefined reference toXvUngrabPort’
SDL_x11yuv.lo(.text+0x398): undefined reference to XvShmCreateImage' SDL_x11yuv.lo(.text+0x449): undefined reference toXvShmCreateImage’
/usr/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_x11yuv.lo): In function X11_DisplayYUVOverlay': SDL_x11yuv.lo(.text+0x657): undefined reference toXvShmPutImage’
/usr/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_x11yuv.lo): In function X11_FreeYUVOverlay': SDL_x11yuv.lo(.text+0x6b4): undefined reference toXvUngrabPort’
/usr/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dgavideo.lo): In function DGA_Available': SDL_dgavideo.lo(.text+0x86): undefined reference toXDGAQueryExtension’
SDL_dgavideo.lo(.text+0x9e): undefined reference to XDGAQueryVersion' .. .. lots more .. .. SDL_x11modes.lo(.text+0xbd3): undefined reference toXineramaQueryExtension’
SDL_x11modes.lo(.text+0xbf0): undefined reference to XineramaIsActive' SDL_x11modes.lo(.text+0xc13): undefined reference toXineramaQueryScreens’
/usr/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_x11modes.lo): In function X11_EnterFullScreen': SDL_x11modes.lo(.text+0x10e1): undefined reference toXF40VidModeLockModeSwitch’
/usr/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_x11modes.lo): In function X11_LeaveFullScreen': SDL_x11modes.lo(.text+0x1207): undefined reference toXF40VidModeLockModeSwitch’
/usr/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_dgaevents.lo): In function DGA_DispatchEvent': SDL_dgaevents.lo(.text+0xd6): undefined reference toXDGAKeyEventToXKeyEvent’
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [all] Fehler 1

how do i get rid of this??

thx for advice
eik

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [all] Fehler 1

how do i get rid of this??

We need to see the linker line, but it looks like you are missing stuff
like -lesd -lX11 etc.

MadsOn Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Eike Umlauf wrote:

Mads Bondo Dydensborg. @Mads_Bondo_Dydensbor
FAITH, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without
knowledge, of things without parallel.
- Ambrose Bierce (The Devil’s Dictionary)

hi

this has probably been asked a million times before, but my problem
can’t be solved by the fixes suggested in the FAQ. basically i am unable
to link my game using SDL under linux. i installed the SDL-devel package
successfully. this is what i get when trying to link:

Try uninstalling the SDL and SDL-devel packages and try out the latest
SDL CVS snapshot:
http://www.libsdl.org/cvs.html

See ya!
-Sam Lantinga, Software Engineer, Blizzard Entertainment

found the mistake already…
surprisingly, redhat 7.2 installs the developer library package, but not
the runtimes :slight_smile: anyway, installing the runtime RPM fixed the problem

eik