MAC OS X : compiling SDL_mixer : can't get smpeg.framework to work

short version : can someone help me to recompile smpeg & mikmod with the new XCode ?

long version

i keep getting a dyld error when trying to run my own application, which uses SDL, SDL_mixer, SDL_image and SDL_ttf

warning :

• on mac osx 10.6
  • I used the SDL 1.3 !!
  • recompiled all three SDL projects (mixer, image & ttf), which took quite a bit of tinkering, but they are all compiled now

but when properly putting the build results in /Library/Frameworks, my app will compile and launch, but die right away with a dyld error :

dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/…/Frameworks/SDL.framework/Versions/A/SDL
Referenced from: /Users/jeroen/Martians2/build/Debug/Martians2.app/Contents/MacOS/…/Frameworks/SDL_mixer.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/smpeg.framework/Versions/A/smpeg
Reason: image not found

so basically, my app (martians2) will try to use SDL_mixer, which uses smpeg, which can’t be loaded :-((

I checked the path, and the smpeg framework is definitely there.

my guess : smpeg should be recompiled with the new XCode as well, but I can’t seem to figure out how to do this :-(((

can anyone advise here ?

thanks a milion !

apparently this mail go through a LOT later than the one that previously arrived :slight_smile:

I DID get the smpeg compiled, but it seems to crash on sound files

I’m hoping someone has a working SDL + SD_image + SDL_mixer + SDL_ttf distribution> short version : can someone help me to recompile smpeg & mikmod with the new XCode ?

long version

i keep getting a dyld error when trying to run my own application, which uses SDL, SDL_mixer, SDL_image and SDL_ttf

warning :

• on mac osx 10.6
  • I used the SDL 1.3 !!
  • recompiled all three SDL projects (mixer, image & ttf), which took quite a bit of tinkering, but they are all compiled now

but when properly putting the build results in /Library/Frameworks, my app will compile and launch, but die right away with a dyld error :

dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/…/Frameworks/SDL.framework/Versions/A/SDL
Referenced from: /Users/jeroen/Martians2/build/Debug/Martians2.app/Contents/MacOS/…/Frameworks/SDL_mixer.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/smpeg.framework/Versions/A/smpeg
Reason: image not found

so basically, my app (martians2) will try to use SDL_mixer, which uses smpeg, which can’t be loaded :-((

I checked the path, and the smpeg framework is definitely there.

my guess : smpeg should be recompiled with the new XCode as well, but I can’t seem to figure out how to do this :-(((

can anyone advise here ?

thanks a milion !

SDL mailing list
SDL at lists.libsdl.org
http://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org

been fiddling for 8 hours now… still crashing when loading a sound. More so : i even manage to get my mac to bluescreen (or greyscreen on a mac) and force me to hard-reboot !

been fiddling for 8 hours now… still crashing when loading a sound. More so : i even manage to get my mac to bluescreen (or greyscreen on a mac) and force me to hard-reboot !

Never gave this a thought since porting my app to SDL 1.3. Gave it a
try today, but crashes on opening the audio device:

0 libSDL-1.3.0.dylib 0x028f9cd0 COREAUDIO_OpenDevice + 0
(SDL_coreaudio.c:496)
1 libSDL-1.3.0.dylib 0x02862710 open_audio_device + 1584
(SDL_audio.c:894)
2 libSDL-1.3.0.dylib 0x02862a74 SDL_OpenAudio + 148
(SDL_audio.c:1023)
3 libSDL_mixer-1.2.0.dylib 0x03650284 Mix_OpenAudio + 196 (mixer.c:407)
4 _sdl.so 0x036269bc _sdl_LTX_audio_init + 76
(audio_sdl.cc:92)
5 libadonthell_audio.0.dylib 0x01646674
audio::init(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits,
std::allocator > const&) + 676 (audio.cc:150)
6 libadonthell_main.0.dylib 0x00624e78
adonthell::app::init_modules(unsigned short const&) + 376
(adonthell.cc:119)
7 _main.so 0x005db780 _wrap_app_init_modules +
320 (py_main_wrap.cc:2936)
[…]

That’s SDL rev 5521, SDL Mixer 1.2.11, OSX 10.4.11 on PPC.

Not quite sure if that is the same problem as yours, a stacktrace of
the crash you experience would help, I guess.

KaiOn Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:10 PM, jeroen clarysse <jeroen.clarysse at telenet.be> wrote:

Nevermind. gdb showed that it crashed with EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION. I then
tested on an Intel Mac where it worked fine. So went back and
configure’d with --disable-altivec and it’s running fine now. (The box
has a G3 CPU with no altivec, but SDL seems to insist on enabling
altivec anyway, unless told otherwise)

Mind you, I’ve only been trying playback of Ogg Vorbis files, so can’t
really speak for anything else.

KaiOn Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Kai Sterker <@Kai_Sterker> wrote:

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:10 PM, jeroen clarysse <jeroen.clarysse at telenet.be> wrote:

Never gave this a thought since porting my app to SDL 1.3. Gave it a
try today, but crashes on opening the audio device: