Make install target incomplete in SDL trunk?

I noticed this evening that a “sudo make install” didn’t install SDL_config_macosx.h in my Snow Leopard system. This of course lead to tears later when trying to compile a test program.

In fact, none of the platform specific SDL_config_* files got copied to /usr/local/include/SDL; should they have been?

-Shawn

I noticed this evening that a “sudo make install” didn’t install SDL_config_macosx.h in my Snow Leopard system. This of course lead to tears later when trying to compile a test program.

In fact, none of the platform specific SDL_config_* files got copied to /usr/local/include/SDL; should they have been?

And of course, immediately after sending this I realised what the problem was :-/

I had built SDL using the included Xcode project, but then had done a make && make install from the command line (since I didn’t want to use the dmg/framework). Urk. This had left me with the default SDL_config.h which includes SDL_config_macosx.h and thus resulted in problems since the install target doesn’t expect to copy the platform specific config files over (rightfully from what I can tell).

After clobbering my SDL workspace and running autogen.sh, configure, and make install again, everything was as expected.

Apologies,
-ShawnOn Dec 31, 2010, at 7:22 PM, Shawn Walker wrote: