SDL 2.0 issues : SW renderer / SDL_SetWindowFullscreen()

Hi people,

I’m using the last SDL 2.0 snapshot on W7 x64 with Nvidia driver 285.62.

I have three major issues :

1. First, the issue reported here : http://bugzilla.libsdl.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1331

I don’t know if there is a good way to fix it except to wait for a new Nvidia driver ? (Assuming it would be fixed …)

1. Second, when I use the function SetWindowFullscreen() with a D3D renderer from a windowed mode, it toggles the window but i got an INVALIDCALL error when I call SDL_CreateTextureFromSurface().

If I start my application in a full screen mode, no problem.

1. Last but no least, is the SDL 2.0 supposed to be used the same way between a hardware accelerated (D3D/GL) and a software renderer ?

When I create a D3D renderer to blit ARGB8888, no problem, but if I change for a software renderer, it seems to not handle alpha channel for each blit, so all my sprites contain artefact.

Arnaud

Well, it seems that the SW renderer doesn’t handle alpha channel from a texture coming from a PNG.

Does someone can confirm this ? Or should I add some SDL call to enable alpha blending with a SW renderer ?

With a PNG without alpha => Blit are correct.

Well, the OpenGL issue with texture creation is fixed is the last SDL 2.0 snapshot.

I still have the software renderer problem with alpha channel.

Does anyone have encountered this problem before ?