SDL_GetRenderDriverInfo gives odd results

I’m using the 1.3 DLL preview that Sam compiled and posted on the website, and I’m getting some strange results from SDL_GetRenderDriverInfo.

SDL_GetNumRenderDrivers returns 4. The 4 driver info structs I retrieve from SDL_GetRenderDriverInfo are named: gdi, opengl, software, and software. The last two are exact duplicates, and there’s no direct3d/directx renderer in the list. (Under Windows Vista, with DX10 installed.)

Any idea what’s going on?

UH Hiyya,…I don’t see any sdl 1.3 downloads on the sdl org website. I thought it was not done yet as far as graphics and a few other things?? Is sdl ready for demos? Please show me the light :slight_smile:

---- Mason Wheeler wrote:=============

I’m using the 1.3 DLL preview that Sam compiled and posted on the website, and I’m getting some strange results from SDL_GetRenderDriverInfo.

SDL_GetNumRenderDrivers returns 4. The 4 driver info structs I retrieve from SDL_GetRenderDriverInfo are named: gdi, opengl, software, and software. The last two are exact duplicates, and there’s no direct3d/directx renderer in the list. (Under Windows Vista, with DX10 installed.)

SDL mailing list
SDL at lists.libsdl.org
http://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org

http://www.libsdl.org/tmp/SDL-1.3-dll.zip
Sam posted this after I had a bunch of trouble compiling the DLL from source. This is sort of an “officially unofficial” build.

BTW please don’t CC me with replies to my posts, seeing as how I’m subscribed to the mailing list already.>----- Original Message ----

Sent: Monday, March 9, 2009 1:20:29 PM
Subject: Re: [SDL] SDL_GetRenderDriverInfo gives odd results

UH Hiyya,…I don’t see any sdl 1.3 downloads on the sdl org website. I thought it was not done yet as far as graphics and a few other things?? Is sdl ready for demos? Please show me the light :slight_smile:

---- Mason Wheeler <@Mason_Wheeler> wrote:

=============

SDL_GetNumRenderDrivers returns 4. The 4 driver info structs I retrieve from SDL_GetRenderDriverInfo are named: gdi, opengl, software, and
software. The last two are exact duplicates, and there’s no direct3d/directx renderer in the list. (Under Windows Vista, with DX10 installed.)

Well, I’m not sure why you’re getting two software renderers… Try the
new version up there, I forgot to install the DirectX headers the first time.

See ya!
-Sam Lantinga, Founder and President, Galaxy Gameworks LLC

SDL_GetNumRenderDrivers returns 4. The 4 driver info structs I retrieve from SDL_GetRenderDriverInfo are named: gdi, opengl, software, and
software. The last two are exact duplicates, and there’s no direct3d/directx renderer in the list. (Under Windows Vista, with DX10 installed.)

Nope. Still getting 2 software renderers and no DirectX. Also, the SDL_FillRect bug is still there. (Also, the new DLL is about 8x larger than the old
one. Debug info?)

Mason>----- Original Message ----

Subject: Re: [SDL] SDL_GetRenderDriverInfo gives odd results

Nope. Still getting 2 software renderers and no DirectX. Also, the SDL_FillRect bug is still there. (Also, the new DLL is about 8x larger than the old
one. Debug info?)

It gets better. If I call:
assert(SDL_CreateRenderer(FWindowID, 3, [sdlrPresentCopy]) = 0);
it creates, but SDL_FillRect causes an NPD. But if I call
assert(SDL_CreateRenderer(FWindowID, 4, [sdlrPresentCopy]) = 0);
I get an assertion failure because the function returns -1. So apparently the underlying renderers aren’t identical, even though the renderer info structs I get are.

[sdlrPresentCopy] is equivalent to passing SDL_RENDERER_PRESENTCOPY as the 3rd argument. (I rewrote the enum as a Delphi set, which is a more intuitive way of doing bitmasks.)