SDL iPhone Primier

My next goal is to make dim3 work on an iPad – so all projects are cross platform between OS X/Windows/Linux/iPad. I’ve never done this before, but I’ve stumbled through the first couple parts. I’ve got SDL 1.3, created a static lib, started my project, etc.

The docs (you should mention in the iphone doc what frameworks you need to add when statically linked) say I can avoid the obj-c stuff (dim3 is written in C) and just use a c-based main. I’ve created a example main with just some sample OpenGL calls for testing. All that exists is the sdl lib, my main.c, and the frameworks.

It works but crashes here:

2011-07-18 22:08:17.942 dim3Engine[5470:207] Unknown class dim3EngineAppDelegate in Interface Builder file.
2011-07-18 22:08:17.944 dim3Engine[5470:207] Unknown class dim3EngineViewController in Interface Builder file.
2011-07-18 22:08:17.946 dim3Engine[5470:207] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSUnknownKeyException’, reason: ‘[<UICustomObject 0xc313490> setValue:forUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key viewController.’

I suspect this is something simple. Anybody here that’s gone through this have any ideals? I noticed in the iPad summary there is a “main interface” that’s probably the cause, but it won’t let me delete that. I haven’t found it linked anywhere else. I’m building for the simulator (4.3).

Thanks for the help, I’m brand new to this but it’s probably just a couple humps to traverse.

[>] Brian

I figured out what my problem was. You should probably (please!) change the documentation for running SDL on the iphone. First, there’s more files to delete then you say (there will also be controller files to delete if you started the project yourself, outside the template.) Also, you need to get rid of the “main nib”. Sadly, the interface does not allow this, to do it, you need to delete it in the info.plist.

Also, note that on the simulator (I haven’t run it on an actual device yet), I get the top bar even when SDL_WINDOW_FULLSCREEN is used. Not sure if this is my problem, the simulator, or SDL.

[>] Brian