Sdl mixer, high cpu ussage

Hello;

i’m having some problems withs sdl mixer, hope someone can help me, i’m using codeblocks (hope that’s not a problem),
i made this vehicle mover over the screen, and regulated frame rate usind sdl_delay so when i open the process manager the cpu graph shows a ussage from my app of 5%, everything is ok at this point, i added a sound Mix_Chunk to my vechicle on screen so when the guns are fired a loud “bang” is heard, Mix_PlayChannel( -1, bang, 0);, again everything seems ok, i run my app and the sound is heard when the guns are fired away, (…seems to be delayed a bit…), again and again while i keep pressing the buttons, all again seems alright, program does exactly as expected, but when i aopen the proces manager cpu graph shows a ussage of 60% but it is not related to any process!!, i made several test runs and notice this: the cpu ussage fired up when the Mix_PlayChannel line is called and remains the same even if any sounds are not playing and will remain the cpu ussage until the app is terminated. So my question is: is this a normal behavior of sdl_mixer?, if not. what im i doing wrong?, any ideas will be apreciated, thankyou for your time and help.

English is not my native language, so i apologize for any mistakes on my writting, ty

last minute idea: first time i put the mixer lib dll libreries in system32 directory, i experienced some problems with winamp and relocated the dll’s to my project directory, did my system files were hurt?, is this causing my problem?_________________________________________________________________
Tips para mantener tu cuenta de Hotmail segura
www.windowslive-hotmail.com/protectyourself/es/default.htm

first time i put the mixer lib dll libreries in system32 directory, i
experienced some problems with winamp and relocated the dll’s to my project
directory, did my system files were hurt?, is this causing my problem?

Not likely although under Win32 you should never install DLL’s into your
System32 directory especially if you’re using XP or Vista. These DLL’s should
be under your program’s directory only.

As far as your high CPU usage, SDL takes a lot of power to run properly and so
if you don’t limit it it’ll take all the CPU usage it needs. In the case of
your Mixer, it’s possible that it’s doing on-the-fly conversions to get audio
to the right formats for playback. Not too familiar with whether or not
SDL_Mixer does this like SDL does with surfaces.

Ultimately, your game is going to cause your CPU usage to go high – most games
do. If it’s not killing your app’s performance than you’re not doing anything
wrong.

Hope this helps!