SDL_MULTIGESTURE best practice

Hello there, this post is not inherently referring to a bug, but I’d really like to know if anyone has a good approach to deal with my following problem. I have been checking on the forum for a similar topic and didn’t find anything related, so here it goes.

As expected, my app retrieves events following the structure:

while( SDL_PollEvent(&event) )
{
	switch (event.type)
	{
	case SDL_FINGERDOWN:
		// Do stuff
		break;
	case SDL_FINGERUP:
		// Do stuff
		break;
	case SDL_FINGERMOTION:
		// Do stuff
		break;
	case SDL_MULTIGESTURE:
            if( event.mgesture.numFingers == 3 )
            {
                // Do stuff
            }
		break;
	}
}

My problem comes on the SDL_MULTIGESTURE event. I want to handle a 3 fingers gesture, so I do as shown on the code. The thing is, when pressing the 3 fingers on the screen, it obviously triggers 3 separate SDL_FINGERDOWN which do whatever they are intended to do correctly (if only one finger was used). So what I want is, when there is a SDL_MULTIGESTURE event, I don’t want the SDL_FINGERDOWN to trigger.

My initial thought was to first store all event on a queue, then remove the unwanted events, and then launch the switch again. Something like:

SDL_Event			event;
queue<SDL_Event> 	events;

while( SDL_PollEvent(&event) )
{
	events.push_back(event);
}

CleanMyEventsVector(events);

while( !events.empty() )
{
	event = events.pop();
	switch (event.type)
	{
	case SDL_FINGERDOWN:
		// Do stuff
		break;
	case SDL_FINGERUP:
		// Do stuff
		break;
	case SDL_FINGERMOTION:
		// Do stuff
		break;
	case SDL_MULTIGESTURE:
		// Do stuff
		break;
	}
}

But I really don’t like this approach. That PollEvent function is run once every app cycle, and I am not sure how SDL retrieves the events, so if at every app cycle it doesn’t get the 3 SDL_FINGERDOWN and SDL_MULTIGESTURE, the CleanMyEventsVector() is meant to fail at some point.

My second thought was, maybe there is some SDL_HINT to change SDL behaviour for multi-gestures, but after looking for it didn’t find any.

Did someone have a similar problem, or is anyone coming up with a better solution?

Many thanks in advance.