SDL2 with OpenglES 2 without X11

Hello,

I am trying to port a game to my Vu Solo4K stb linux machine and it seems impossible, at least to me :slight_smile:
I have compiled the SDL2 directly on my machine after installed all proprietary drivers and headers and the configuration detected that I have EGL, openglses1 and opengles2 so installed t he resulted SDL2

However, i am not able to init_video exit with no available video device, if i enumerate from code with SDL_GetRenderDriverInfo the available video drivers i can see opengles2 , opengles, software, however following code return corectly

// GL info
printf("Vendor: %s\n", glGetString( GL_VENDOR ) );
printf("Renderer: %s\n", glGetString( GL_RENDERER ) );
printf("Version: %s\n", glGetString( GL_VERSION ) );
printf("Shading language version: %s\n", glGetString( GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION ) );
printf("Extensions: %s\n", glGetString( GL_EXTENSIONS ) );

Vendor: Broadcom
Renderer: VideoCore IV HW (V3D-425)
Version: OpenGL ES 2.0
Shading language version: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.00
Extensions: GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_OES_texture_npot GL_OES_depth24 GL_OES_vertex_half_float GL_OES_EGL_image GL_EXT_discard_framebuffer GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_depth32 GL_APPLE_rgb_422 GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_EXT_multisampled_render_to_texture GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_read_format_bgra GL_OES_EGL_sync
SEFINI

I am not a programmer, but seems that i am missing something, i need to init someting else prior to run SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_VIDEO) ?

Many thanks,

Marc

1 Like

Wellโ€ฆ Now i am able to build and run some EGL/OpenGL-ES examples, including the vertex cube on EGL/GLES alone but I am unable to properly set SDL2.

I am trying to figure-out if SDL_init/SDL_INIT_VIDEO it is required with EGL, if so how i can achieve this?